cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beeker
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Total Protection 2010 Not Being Downloaded by Mcafee Download Manager

I have used McAfee Total Protection for many years and purchased the latest version online via McAfee. My subscription updated in My Account but when i went to download Total Protection it just installed Total Protection 2009.

I uninstalled, ran the MCPR.exe tool and reinstalled but the same version installed.

I did a web chat to tech support who advised Total Protection was no available in the UK till the end of January. Thinking this was a bit odd as the their website was definately showing the 2010 version, I had a wonder down to my local PC World where, sure enough, Total Protection 2010 was sat on the shelf. I have since emailed McAfee Technical Support but have not heard anything back. Has anyone else out there experienced this issue? I'm not very happy to say the least.

Many thanks in advance.

3 Replies
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total Protection 2010 Not Being Downloaded by Mcafee Download Manager

Hi Beeker,

Please be informed that McAfee Total Protection 2010 is not available for user's in Europe yet, it is available for all McAfee users in Europe by 25/26th Jan 2010. So please be patient till this date & then re-install the software on your Computer in order to get  the latest version of McAfee software. Also let me keep you informed that  though the release of McAfee Technical Support 2010 is @ end of this month the version will not be released to all in one go, however slowly day by day McAfee server will be updated & will be released slowly as the engineers will have to keep a track of it.

So please continue using the existing version of McAfee Security Center.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support.

madasahatter
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

McAfee is failing miserably.  I have been on-line with them all morning.  My computer says I'm protected but I've got spyware out my ears.  They suggested I pay $89.95 and then they could correct it. BS

beeker
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Thank you for your advice about downloading 2010 from the Australian servers. I have done this and now have Total Protection 2010 running perfectly.

Thank you for everyone input.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community