cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guetafrica
Former Member
Message 11 of 61

Re: Should McAfee be compensating users after 5958 debacle?

Hi Everybody !

My name is RAFI and i live in FRANCE.

I cannot copy and paste any folders.

I cannot use my internet.

My laptop is unable ..

I look for to join with a free phone number the support but there are errors on the website.

So i can do anything.

I don't have access to internet for 5 days .. i am embarassed.

Well.. sorry for my bad english...

Thanks for any help..

I really hope that McAfee will compensate this desagreement.

RAFI

Dhammond
Former Member
Message 12 of 61

If they don't respond and soon this will be a disaster on their part. I spent 123.00 dollars with Dell and 39.00 with HP to fix problem. It took a total of 4 hours with three techs from Dell. Their web page is worthless. When I called asking about "reasonable compensation" I was told to be patient that something would be posted in days. Well it has been more than a week. If I charged for my time alone on this whole mess their jaw would drop. I want only what it cost me, nothing more. MCAFEE STEP UP TO THE PLATE OR  YOUR CUSTOMER BASE WILL VANISH. It only took you a minute to charge my credit card and take my money when I bought your software. Let's see how long it takes to pay me. I will be shocked if a class action lawsuit is not filed. If this was not negligence what was it. McAfee's position YOU GOING TO BELIEVE YOUR LYING EYES OR WHAT WE TELL YOU. Enough said.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 61

They responded ages ago as mentioned earlier in this thread.

On http://www.mcafee.com see the top item.

Basically if you logged a case with Technical Support or Customer Service and incurred charges, they will extend subsciptions up to two years extra & refund "reasonable charges".

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/05/10 7:11:23 EDT PM
Dhammond
Former Member
Message 14 of 61

Maybe I missed something in that statement  which only shows thier intention. Nothing of value was said. They didn't post any instructions on how it will be repaid. The specfics are no where to be found. A promise was made a week ago without any instructions . All we have been told is how to fix the problem after the fact( damage). I contacted and spent hours with Mcaffee only to be told there was  no formatuion yet on the reimbursement. That is not a plan, but a smoke screen. A plan would tell what documents were needed, cliam no, receipts and payment schedule. THEY RESPONSED AGES  AGO AND RECOGNIZED THE PROBLEM AND COMPUTER FIX. WHERE HAVE YOU FOUND INSRTUCTUIONS TO START THE PROCESS. The phone support is merely a statement form the CEO and how to fix poblem'.''  THE.PHONE support only pointed to the CEO quote. As the General said in desert storm this is nothing more than BS / bovine scientology. I want specific instructions. They are good at collecting my money on the spot now pay  it back. If this is not resolved they will get hammered on the market and lose loyalcustomers. What kind of software company does not test thier product on xp (sanfu)? No Excuses. Get this done now.

Midnight Rider

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 61

Everything comes to he who asks.  Pick up the phone and call Customer Service.

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 1-866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Average contact length: 10 minutes
Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes
Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Did you click on "President's Message" or "Learn More" ?   If the latter it gives phone numbers worldwide to contact regarding the issue.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/05/10 7:56:46 EDT AM
nixonnic
Contributor
Message 16 of 61

i called mcafee and they told me they couldnt help me right at this time with the rembursting for computers that have been hit and mine was hit hard  they told me call back in two weeks but still nothing

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 61

That's not right.  I'll flag this.

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 61

The McAfee development and web teams are very close to completion of a web form, that will allow those seeking reimbursement for costs incurred to input their claim.  Expect it within the next couple days. There will be a couple prerequisites that must be met, just to help McAfee validate the claims and avoid bogus ones.  Details will be explained on the form.

McAfee is fully committed to 'making good' with those who were impacted.  When the web form goes 'live', we will post an update to the Forum, this thread, and of course mcafee.com will have it prominently mentioned on the front door.  So sorry for the inconvenience.  Know that McAfee is owning up to its responsibility here.  Hang tight just a little longer...

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
newjack
Former Member
Message 19 of 61

What about the people that are possibly infected because of the Mcafee ongoing problems?I have had nothing but problems over the last month with this product on a computer that is about 4 months old.The latest being a problem that states all of my Mcafee products are working(in green).Also after running MVT all products are up to date and working.But in my windows action center it says Mcafee antivirus turned off windows firewall and mcafee firewall are turned off.This is crazy!I have had to go through another horrible tech support experiance that i don`t want to get into.Finally i was advised to again uninstall and reinstall a product i have paid good money for.All while still wondering if i am open to all sorts of attacks.This whole experiance has been a nightmare.I understand that things go wrong.But how many times does a loyal paying costumer want to hear i am so sorry for your inconvenience.Lets live in the real world for a minute.No one is sorry for anybodys inconveniece.This is an on going problem that needs to be addressed right away.Just to prove a point i just did another total reinstall and my site advisor does not work.

Yet another new problem i did`nt have earlier.I am sure there are many people that are just as frustrated as me.             thanks Jack

Message was edited by: newjack on 5/4/10 12:03:45 PM EDT
tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 61

I hear you Newjack.  Trust me...we are genuinely sorry (no matter how frustrated we have made you may feel).  Technical issues are the bane of our existence in Tech Support, and this most recent issue has had many of us working round-the-clock.  Doing the best we can.  As to your recent issues, would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot of your 'Windows Action Center'?  I want to make sure its not one of the family of FakeAlert viruses that are designed to look like Windows Security Center.  As to SiteAdvisor, when you reinstalled, did you have SiteAdvisor checked?  Also, if you right click anywhere below the URL area on the IE toolbar, do you see 'McAfee SiteAdvisor' referenced, and if so, is it selected?

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community