cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 101 of 108

Re: Scheduled Scan not working

The T3s are the highest level Techs they are based in Canada and the US. You see them posting in some of the threads here. They want Dinz to view this occurring and get logs some they can troubleshoot the issue.

Why are you still on the 2010 version? Ah Cox supplies it. Time they updated.

Dinz can answer the safe query I would assume yes.

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 102 of 108

Peacekeeper wrote:

The T3s are the highest level Techs they are based in Canada and the US. You see them posting in some of the threads here. They want Dinz to view this occurring and get logs some they can troubleshoot the issue.

Why are you still on the 2010 version? Ah Cox supplies it. Time they updated.

Dinz can answer the safe query I would assume yes.

Ok thanks for the info on what T3s are.  So I just need for Dinz to respond to this thread?

Yeah I know.....for some reason Cox is a year back.  They are still using 2010 version.  But the thing is, from my old laptop, EVERYTHING worked fine.  It updated fine.  It protected me.  It didn't give me issues.  Etc.  My old laptop was Windows XP Professional.  It died recently and this time, I decided to get a netbook.

I just want to make sure I am secure.  The installation of McAfee on the netbook was flawless.  I followed all the instructions that you and thecreator gave me.  Everything went off without a hitch EXCEPT the "Attention" I get on the "Scheduled Scan" being off (which of course, would not stay "on").  I know I can always do a manual full scan but what worries me is I have no clue what's causing this issue and if "full protection" is indeed accurate.

Thanks,

northernva2000

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 103 of 108

Hi Northernva 2000,

Please try the below steps and let me know if you scheduled scan stays active.

1. Logon to the regular windows account using the normal username and password
  2. Click on the Start button
  3. Type, cmd
  4. Right-click cmd, select 'Run as administrator' from the shortcut menu
  5. In the black 'DOS box', type the following at the command line: Net user administrator /active:yes
  6. Check the message: The command completed successfully
  7. Switch User, or logoff
  8. Logon as Administrator, open McAfee schedule scan it should be enabled.
  9. Switch User, or logoff
  10. Log in back to the regular windows account and now the McAfee schedule scan should be enabled.
  11. Then again right-click cmd, select 'Run as administrator' from the shortcut menu
  12. In the black 'DOS box', type the following at the command line: Net user administrator /active:no

13.   Restart the computer and login to your normal user profile and check the status.

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 104 of 108

Mohan wrote:

Hi Northernva 2000,

3. Type, cmd
  5. In the black 'DOS box', type the following at the command line: Net user administrator /active:yes
  10. Log in back to the regular windows account and now the McAfee schedule scan should be enabled.
  11. Then again right-click cmd, select 'Run as administrator' from the shortcut menu
  12. In the black 'DOS box', type the following at the command line: Net user administrator /active:no

13.   Restart the computer and login to your normal user profile and check the status.

Mohan,

Sorry I am not tech savvy.  I am a little confused.  I am the only one using this netbook so that means I am the "Administrator" right?  So does that mean I have total access to everything as soon as I turn on the computer and log into Windows with my password?  Why do I do I need to "logon as Administrator" for Step 8?  Please clarify.

Also, before I tried this fix, has it been tried before and worked?  I am at work right now and don't have my personal netbook.  Just wondering if this has solved the same issue that others may have.

And hopefully you can answer this...with the "Scheduled Scan" being like this, everything else works fine correct?  That means right now, my netbook is completely protected?  Or is the issue I am having right now (Scheduled Scan not staying "on"), not protecting my netbook completely?

Thanks,

northernva2000

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 105 of 108

Mohan wrote:

Hi Northernva 2000,

3. Type, cmd

Hi Mohan,

northernva2000 is using Windows 7 netbook.

Windows 7 Normal Mode does not have a split Regular User and Administrator Account. Please update your steps for Windows 7 Computers. For that matter, XP does not have a Split  Administrator or Regular User, neither.

Hi Hi Northernva 2000,

Scheduled Scan not being turned on, still leaves your computer fully protected. On my laptop, Scheduled Scan is off, because I don't use it everyday. It is still showing Fully Protected. You can always run a Full Manual Scan using McAfee.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 106 of 108

Hi northernva2000,

Please let us know your concurrence on a call back from me where we could work remotely and I could perform the above, step by step for you. Moreover, this is an advanced step that we do at tech support for certain issues .  Please check your mail box , I have sent you with a follow up mail on this one.

@The creator, - this step is independent of operating systems and applicable the same way on Windows 7 as Mohan mentioned – who is a Sr. Tier 3 engineer at McAfee

Regards,

northernva2000
Former Member
Message 107 of 108

Dinz wrote:

Hi northernva2000,

Please let us know your concurrence on a call back from me where we could work remotely and I could perform the above, step by step for you. Moreover, this is an advanced step that we do at tech support for certain issues .  Please check your mail box , I have sent you with a follow up mail on this one.

@The creator, - this step is independent of operating systems and applicable the same way on Windows 7 as Mohan mentioned – who is a Sr. Tier 3 engineer at McAfee

Regards,

To all (and this is directed @Peacekeeper, @thecreator, @Mohan and @Dinz).

One of my characteristics is "high sense of urgency".  My boss tells me it's a good trait to have in the type of work I do.  I also feel that great customer service is highly under rated.  You all proved that customer serivce skills IS VERY MUCH still alive.

Since I am at work, my netbook was at home and I was planning on trying Mohan's instructions out this evening.  Well I could NOT wait.  During my lunch break, I decided to go home and give Mohan's instructions a try.

Guess what.....IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!  Followed it line by line and the end result was very positive.  My "Scheduled Scan" stayed "on".

I wanted to take this time to thank each of you personally.   I don't know if people in these forums say it enough but THANK YOU!!!!!

@Peacekeeper ----> You have been great and patient throughout this process.  Your response time is amazing!!!!!  You helped escalate my issue.  Great customer service skills.  You really know how to deal with people.

@thecreator ----> Your insight and advise has been greatly appreciated.  You answered all the questions that I posted and even broke things down when I didn't understand ANYTHING.  Thank you.  Oh....and also, when I followed Mohan's steps 5, 6, 7, and 8, and "Administrator" tab/option did show up.  Steps 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 removed it.

@Mohan ----> You ARE Tier 3 all the way.  Amazing.  Your solution worked.  And the way you broke down step by step by step, it was great and easy to follow.  I don't consider myself a "high" tech savvy person (I get by if needed) so I appreciate it when you typed every direction.

@Dinz ----> Thank you for offering to help me one-on-one via phone.  I got your personal email and it gave me a peace of mind that I had you to fall back on if I was having trouble following Mohan's directions.

Ok I gotta stop babbling on.  I just wanted to say THANK YOU one final time.  I have been using McAfee since out of college and have been a loyal client.  After this, I am a client for life.

Thank you,

northernva2000 aka Gus (might as well tell you all my name LOL)

Peacekeeper
Message 108 of 108

Thanks Mohan that is something I have not seen done so thanks for you solution.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community