cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boneart
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Renewal system problems

I had problems with the renewal system from my account not working as it should have and them apparently McAfee support doesn't work either, got a service request confirmation notice 10 days ago and nothing since.

Basically I run a home network which currently has 5 PCs on it and they all started saying the subscription to plus was due to expire on the 11th November.
I did what I thought would be the right thing and went to my account early to renew the licences and duly clicked on the renew button which took me to the page where I could buy the product set the number of licenses I needed and pay my money.  All done, or so I thought.
Got an email saying the next step was to go to the PCs and verify subscription so did that but nothing changed.

Went back to my account on McAfee and what do I find but that I now have 5 new unused licences (thats new as in additional to the ones I already have) with an expiration date of 12 months from the date I paid while the ones I wanted to renew are still showing as expiring on the 11th November
In other words the renew button didn't renew, all it did was buy 5 more 1 year licences. 

It looks like their system may cope with single renewals but can't cope with multiple licence renewals.
This should be a simple system where a renew button does what it says it will and "renews" an existing subscription but apparently not.

After finally finding how to email support I did so but apparently they are as efficient as the renewal system so apart from a service request confirmation I have had nothing and now the licences for all the machines will expire in a few days.
I don't exactly have a lot of time to muck around with this sort of stuff and if I can't even get support whats the point.

Any suggestions on how I can get this sorted out would be greatly appreciated.

And please don't suggest I should have auto renewal set to on, to do that you have to trust they can get it right and going by current performance....

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: Renewal system problems

Really Customer support should be able to fix this have you tried to call them? The call is free Though unsure how to call from your country Australia has a number. I assume you emailed the question if you still are having no joy in a day or 2 PM me and I will contact someone on your behalf.

Did you use the email address you have regestered on this forum when you contacted them? ( If a different 1 PM me this as I can see your registered email just do not post it or any other email in the forum.)

boneart
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Phoned them yesterday and they got it sorted at their end at last.

Still never had a reply to the original email service request other than the confirmation with service request number nearly two weeks ago.

Looks like they can't be bothered unless you actually ring and harass them.  Not a lot of point in offering an email help service if they don't bother replying to it for weeks.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

Can you post that SR number I will point this issue out to them so it does not happen again.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community