cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_178909
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Reinstalling mcafee

I had a subscription of mcafee, when I bought my new lappy. But somehow I had to reset it.

And now mcafee has been erased in my lappy and already there is a subscription done for it, the more worst thing is that I have misplaced the subscription code.

Is there any by which I can reinstall mcafee in my lappy.

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reinstalling mcafee

You should be able to remove Mcafee try both methods mentioned here

Uninstall Mcafee

and then reinstall via your McAfee account. that should work if not support will assist you

Support

Access my account

mrprzem0
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

You can also try following (in Enterprise)

Uninstall HIPS

cd "\Program Files\McAfee\Host Intrusion Prevention" && clientcontrol /stop PASSWORD

msiexec.exe /x {D2B9C003-A3CD-44A0-9DE5-52FE986C03E5} EPOSPAWNED=True /qn /l+*v C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs\McAfeeHip_UnInstall.log

Uninstall VSE

msiexec /x {CE15D1B6-19B6-4D4D-8F43-CF5D2C3356FF} EPOSPAWNED=TRUE REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /qn /l*v C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs\VSE_UnInstall.log

Uninstall Agent

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\x86" && FrmInst.exe /Remove=Agent /Forceuninstall /Silent

upnorthpeg
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

I had same problem of not being able to reinstall program. Spent hours on the phone with a tech and still could not fix. Said it was my internet connection. This has never happened when downloading any program. Googled my problem and received tons of responses saying McAfee is not compatible with Windows 10. I paid for this program and have several months to go but I am unable to use it. Has anyone heard of this?

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 6

Well have 6 PCs all with Mcafee and windows 10 so not correct. Other mods also have such.  Best to reinstall following this set of steps.

How to prepare your PC for a Mcafee install

call support if initial support fails ask for an escalation call back

Support

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to General Discussion

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community