cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 41 of 231

Re: Received DCOM shutdown immed. after today's update.

Is this while you're booting into safe mode?

Instead of trying to uninstall/reinstall, do the steps to replace the svchost, then try to force a manual virus DAT update (by right-clicking the M icon and choosing Check For Updates).

Let me know if that helps.

Ehapi
Former Member
Message 42 of 231

Somer, thank you very much for your patience and extended assistance. Everything is fine.

Thx again...

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 43 of 231

Very relieved to hear you're ok there! And thanks for letting us work with you, we got extra information from working with you that will help us improve the troubleshooting steps for others!!

pepsi4me
Former Member
Message 44 of 231

I'm on  my laptop now, the desktop will not connect to the internet since the update today.  I already did the svchost.exe copy. Computer restarted immediately after I finished the copy. RPC forced shutdown.  I, like you have been at this for hous.  I am giving up for tonight and will try again in the am.

I still am unable to delete the 5958 dat folder. Says in use. I did a selective startup and unchecked the mcafee agent and sec center, Still would not let me  uninstall DAT folder.  Most of the features of XP are not running now.  Can't get many of the services to start.  Any help appreciated.  I can download on this computer, I downloaded the 5959 DAT files burned in on a disc and it will not load on the desktop, says can't find any McAfee to update.  Did this before I disabled mcAfee to load in startup.  It had an icon in the lower right hand taskbar.  It's about to get the best of me for tonight.  Thanks you

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 45 of 231

hey pepsi,

I'm waiting right now for a tool to fix this for you. Will let you know as soon as it's ready!

pepsi4me
Former Member
Message 46 of 231

Thanks Somer,

Should I check back here for the solution or will you send it to my email account?

thank you.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 47 of 231

How about I update this thread AND send you a private message? I'll be online anyway!

pepsi4me
Former Member
Message 48 of 231

Sounds like a plan Somer.  

I feel for all you guys working thru this.  Hang in there..

Thanks

p

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 49 of 231

Aww, thanks for the kind words!! Yeah, it's been a long day (and night), but it's really gratifying that we're getting people sorted out and the majority of my home users (go team!) are having no problems at all!

We've still got a few problem computers, but we're not giving up!

BigJ
Former Member
Message 50 of 231

SPyron wrote:

Aww, thanks for the kind words!! Yeah, it's been a long day (and night), but it's really gratifying that we're getting people sorted out and the majority of my home users (go team!) are having no problems at all!

We've still got a few problem computers, but we're not giving up!

Hi Somer hope you are still there. I just got my other computer up and running per your instructions but now I have a white taskbar instead of the usual blue taskbar. How do I get it back to blue? This happened after restarting while in safe mode.

Jerry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community