cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 11 of 231

Re: Received DCOM shutdown immed. after today's update.

I'm so sorry to hear about all this trouble. I've posted a fix to replace the missing file (I also sent it to you in a private message). That should sort you out, but I'd like to know how you're doing afterward.

Ehapi
Former Member
Message 12 of 231

A question for you,

Earlier this p.m. I renewed my subscription with Total Protection. I would need to uninstall the current version and install the new one. Would I need to do this 'fix' then?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 231

You would, because the fix is actually replacing a Windows file, not a McAfee file. When you reinstall (or install new) you automatically get updated to the most current DAT file (in this case, 5959).

kbates
Contributor
Message 14 of 231

First I have to say I am really frustrated with this whole thing! This wasted my whole day and it is still not fixed.  I have followed your instructions, however I have not internet connectivity now...

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 231

Is everything else working, just no internet access?

I'm sorry you've had such a rough day with us. We're still here, and we'll keep working on it.

kbates
Contributor
Message 16 of 231

No that's not all, McAfee says protection status is not ok and when I click on 'fix' it stops and says 'One or more problems cannot be fixed because of an error.'  I am downloading an update now to hopefully get 5959. I will know in a few minutes.

newhouse
Contributor
Message 17 of 231

On my system the "Start Icon" aswell as the task bar allong the bottom on my desktop had been removed,  is this a standard issue with this bogus update?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 18 of 231

Thanks K. Please keep me posted!

kbates
Contributor
Message 19 of 231

newhouse, the same thing happened to me...no start menu, cannot open any exe files...fun stuff huh!?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 20 of 231

Newhouse: Yes, this is what we're seeing. Restoring the svchost.exe should repair that.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community