cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_n
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

RTS OFF: Is the oas-disabled-fix patch still usefull?

Jump to solution

Guys,

I wanted to know if the oas-disabled-fix is still a valid and usefull way for trying to solve the issue of RTS OFF, after trying enabling it, manual updating, and running MVT.

I think I read some time ago that it was no longer a valid option to repair this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Alex N.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: RTS OFF: Is the oas-disabled-fix patch still usefull?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Oas-disabled-fix.cmd utility is still a valid solution for fixing the Real-Time Scanning: Off issue for XP/ Vista and Windows 7.

For RTS issue, try to run MVT and run a manual update. If it does not fix issue, run Oas-disabled-fix tool in elevated mode, restart the computer and try update McAfee manually.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi,

Oas-disabled-fix.cmd utility is still a valid solution for fixing the Real-Time Scanning: Off issue for XP/ Vista and Windows 7.

For RTS issue, try to run MVT and run a manual update. If it does not fix issue, run Oas-disabled-fix tool in elevated mode, restart the computer and try update McAfee manually.

alex_n
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Allrighty then.

Thanks Jay.

Alex N.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community