cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KGinOregon
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

$RKX8ST4.exe found and scanner can't delete.

Jump to solution

McAfee says it found  $RKX8ST4.exe and can't delete.

I searched for file and File Explorer couldn't find it. 

How can I delete?  Is it quaranteened?  Is it dangerous?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KGinOregon
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: $RKX8ST4.exe found and scanner can't delete.

Jump to solution

I think I fixed it. 

$RKX8ST4.exe never showed up in the quarantine window.  That really confused me. 

I had earlier deleted SCUDownloader.exe when McAfee couldn't. Then $RKX8ST4.exe showed up instead as an infected, un-deletable file. I kept running File Explorer searches for $RKX8ST4.exe and SCUDownolader but File Explorer couldn't find either.  Scans kept showing  $RKX8ST4.exe as undeleteable.  Very worrisome.

I finally looked in my recycle bin and saw SCUDownloader.exe. and some phishing e-mails.  I emptied the recycle bin and ran a full scan again. 

All clear.  $RKX8ST4.exe must have been part of SCUDownloader.exe (or maybe one of the phishing e-mails). 

Anyway, it seems to be fixed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RagothKarnan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @KGinOregon

Please let me know the file location which is showing under Quarantine window.

Regards
Ragoth Karnan

KGinOregon
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I think I fixed it. 

$RKX8ST4.exe never showed up in the quarantine window.  That really confused me. 

I had earlier deleted SCUDownloader.exe when McAfee couldn't. Then $RKX8ST4.exe showed up instead as an infected, un-deletable file. I kept running File Explorer searches for $RKX8ST4.exe and SCUDownolader but File Explorer couldn't find either.  Scans kept showing  $RKX8ST4.exe as undeleteable.  Very worrisome.

I finally looked in my recycle bin and saw SCUDownloader.exe. and some phishing e-mails.  I emptied the recycle bin and ran a full scan again. 

All clear.  $RKX8ST4.exe must have been part of SCUDownloader.exe (or maybe one of the phishing e-mails). 

Anyway, it seems to be fixed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community