Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tronkus
Contributor II
Message 1 of 2

Put my computer at risk, want a refund

As a McAfee customer for several years, I never thought this could happen to me

My computer got slower and slower in the last weeks and I became crazy looking for the reason. After deep troubleshooting and investigation, I found out the reason was linked to the McAfee Livesafe program and many other people was also affected:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/LiveSafe/Mcafee-Module-Core-Service-100-Disk/m-p/612565/highlight/fa...

Solution for the problem is there WRITTEN BY ME AND OTHER USES, not by McAfee technicians. They just give you the solution upon contact by live chat.

My considerations:

1) It is UNACCEPTABLE that a company that provides software gets a bug that slows computers of ther users and don't work for a solution within hours (one month since first post in that thread and still waiting for a software update that solves the issue)

2) It is UNACCEPTABLE that they just provide the solution to the people that contact them. They should hae updated the thread at least, but more imortantly, raise a SW update

3) 80-90% of the people that has this problem will never detect it, because it requires deeper IT knowledge and a lot of patience of troubleshooting. Suspecting of your antivirus producing bad things in your computer is contra-natura for the non-advanced people.

4) Those people listed in 3) at mid-long term will be tired of their computer slowness and opt for a visit to technicians in the best case (money to be spent) or buy another computer (much more money to be spent). Eventually to have the same problem with the new computer in this second case.

As a result, I consider McAfee is putting at risk the computers and money of many people around the world, and I would say intentionally, as they are not in a hurry for providing answers or solutions. I cannot trust in such a company anymore.

Last but not least, a serious company would at least admit their mistake and fight for gaining back the confidence of the customer giving back the money of the last renewal. Instead, they just told me "sorry for inconvenience and you are out of the 60 day period to ask for refund".

I will contact the customer support again just to terminate my contract and ask for the refund of the proportional part of the licence paid.

1 Reply
Zachary
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Put my computer at risk, want a refund

Thanks for sharing this important information about computer at risk.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community