cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle2
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Private messages

I have been told that I have had a private message sent to me but I do not have the envelope icon that is described in the instructions and cannot find any way to see the message. So, how in fact, do I see the message? Or is it just a way for McAfee to appear to respond to an enquiry?

8 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Private messages

hello,

to access private message you have to login to this community.

on the top right side above next to your username the mail/envelop icon should be visible.

click on this icon and pm message should be visible.

next click on subject line of messae to open and you are able to post reply ect.

in recent past there were other users that encountered the problem not to have the mail/envelop icon visible , i believe using chrome browser.

try swithcing to Firefox or the Edge browser instead.

it solved the problem for the other users with your issue.

i myself using Edge browser and have the mail icon visible when signed in to this community.

hope this helps

Oracle2
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for your suggestion, Cyberdude.

I have now logged in to the support community using Edge, Firefox and Chrome and I do not get an envelope icon on any of them. I am on Firefox at the moment. All I see is the bell for notifications and the icon for my account.

McAfee will now direct me to the McAfee Support site which will direct me to a 1800 number that I cannot use because I am overseas.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

hello,

sorry to hear that the suggestion did not work for you.

i will try to sent a pm to the mod that responded in your refund topic.

hope he/she will respond with a different solution for you.

greetings

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

beside phone number..........have you  tried the chat option for contact mcafee support ?

https://service.mcafee.com

on the starting page in the middle on the right side there is something like; contact expert

click on that and follow the following steps for assistance

best is to do this on working days and during office hours.

when the office is closed you don't see the chat option............

also i have sent the pm to the mod.

can't tell when he will respond or is available.

Oracle2
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Hey Cyberdude,

Many thanks again for your responses - it is very kind of you.

Yes, after a lengthy search I had found that link and, after filling in all of my details and an explanation of my problem as requested, and receiving a service request number, I have chatted with a McA consultant. After confirming the problem a second time, they told me that they cannot help but will organise for me to get a phone call from the appropriate department. I am still waiting for that call a few hours later.

Apparently, according to this person, refunds can only be processed through "voice technology". I asked why, when McA have all of my details and have the technology of taking my money without any refernece to or contact with me, they cannot process a refund if that request is valid and made via the secure account profile? I got a very definitive non-answer. 

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Private messages

thanks for your update.

using the voice technology is perhaps for security reasons and that they are sure that it is the person that is having the subscription is asking for refund and not someone who is pretending being you........................

it seems that there are some technical issues sending pm messages to customers and perhaps is the reason you don't see the mail/envelop icon currently. respons from mod i had sent a pm.

hope this can be fixed soon.

is your country not listed for making a phonecall to customer service or only that 1800 number that comes up ?

Oracle2
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Hello again Cyberdude,

I am an Australian living overseas and so, was trying to access the Australian support. However, I have now taken the plunge and accessed the support for the country I am in and, fortunately, was able to use the chat facility rather than a phone call (I struggle with phone calls in the local language!). After confirming certain details, I have now had a refund processed.

Re "using the voice technology is perhaps for security reasons and that they are sure that it is the person that is having the subscription is asking for refund and not someone who is pretending being you........................", I am not convinced about this.  If the refund is going directly back to the credit card account from which it was with charged, and the account holder receives a confirmation email of the refund (which I did), then I cannot see the security issues. If the account details had been changed between the time of charging and the refund then that would be an issue. But this is a giant internet security company - surely they would have systems to maintain and check the integrity of the accounts that they hold?

Anyway, many thanks to you for your willingness to help me. Go safely and in good health.

Cheers!

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

hello,

glad to see that you got the refund processed using the chat option.

no problem trying to assist and happy that it worked out in the end.

all the best for you aswell

Cheers!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community