cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronuts
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

PC Youtube videos interrupted

Watching videos was getting very interrupted. Videos would just continually stop loading for minutes at a time.  A reboot of the laptop would make the problem go away for 10 minutes before it would come back again. Nothing wrong with my Wifi. All other devices have no issue and plenty of download capacity in my Wifi.

So I did a full scan with my McAfee app. Found nothing.  So I started downloading other tools to check for virus. The only thing I found was as follows: Kaspsersky noted that there are 3 cmd files in my Temp folder that it labels as Low Restricted. When I navigate to the exact Temp folder, the files are not there!  And I am viewing all Hidden files! I have tried emptying the Temp folder several times both manually, and using Disc Clean up, and using other utilities. But these 3 cmd files stay there, and I cannot see them!!   One example is:  C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Temp\{a99d6812-ec47-4c6b-a8d9-764005648712}\1d893048-4e0b-4c0e-bc66-27bcade30e55.cmd

I have tried to type this directly into the address bar, but File explorer said Windows can't find it!

How is it possible that there are files in the Temp folder that I cannot see (even with View Hidden items ticked). And how is it possible that the files stay there eventhough I have emptied the Temp folder repeatedly?  How do I delete these stubborn files?  And are they potentially interfering with Video downloads from Youtube?

2 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: PC Youtube videos interrupted

Hi @Astronuts 

Greetings From McAfee!!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have sent you private message . Please respond to proceed further.

Alternatively, you can reach consumer support for any queries.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Astronuts
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: PC Youtube videos interrupted

Hi @GaneshR ,

You have sent me private message?  I'm sorry I did not receive any private message. How did you send it?  To my email? Or to my McAfee forum private message board.  I did not receive a private message either way!

Any help or advice appreciated, so please do try again.

Thank you

Astronuts

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community