cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krazykyle
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Outdated BIOS

Hello beautiful people. I'm lost and hate to bother anyone, however after several days in Microsoft forums and HP forums including HP support (no support they lie) and three days of surfing for answers/solutions is why I decided to ask here. You are the experts and will not lie unlike the previously mentioned. I have purchased a yearly membership with McAfee since buying this PC new from HP. I'm having all kinds of strange things occurring such as touch pad mouse buttons not working and extremely slow boot ups and log ins, freezing up momentarily ,wireless mouse dysfunction periodically etc... My BIOS is out dated and HP no longer supports the new version of Windows 10 and Microsoft is a total waste of time as they are pushing the new Windows 11. Why would anyone with one brain cell go to Windows 11 after all the years of Windows 10 failures,bugs and flaws, i.e. my bios and no help. Can anyone point me in the right direction to remedy this issue and is this a security risk? Your tech team completely checked out this PC about 2 weeks ago and after less than 2 hours the tech said there were no virus or malware etc...I bought this direct from HP April 2021 and it now is trash I cannot get any work done for these issues and it has to be the outdated Bios because you gave me a clean bill of health. Thank you even if no one can help I appreciate the effort and truly do apologize for bothering you I waited until I had exhausted all other possible remedies.

Have a wonderful day Sincerely KrazyKyle

Device name LAPTOP-GDJHQOAV
Processor AMD Athlon Silver 3050U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (5.94 GB usable)
Device ID E8142834-1076-4414-ACE3-D1F797FE9F70
Product ID 00325-96772-92694-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎4/‎3/‎2021
OS build 19043.1415
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

1 Reply
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Outdated BIOS

Hi @krazykyle 

Please open settings on your PC>>Open check for updates>>check if there is any update available for windows(not Windows 11 update). complete an update and reboot the PC. check if the issue persists.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community