cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesAC
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

New Version Notice that won't do anything

All day long I've been getting McAfee Alerts that a new version is available on both my computers. I click Update and nothing ever seems to happen. Then the notice pops up again later and I repeat and repeat this cycle. If I click Not Now, it comes back up a bit later.

I don't see any way that I can do the update manually so how do I get rid of this PIA notice and get the update in.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6 on both computers.

2 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Version Notice that won't do anything

Hi @JamesAC,

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly reinstall the McAfee application on both the devices and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

JamesAC
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Version Notice that won't do anything

Some additional info... I found the Updates button in the Home panel. On one computer, I can start the Update but then it comes up with a notice that the update failed. On the other it has a notice that the update is in progress but it never seems to end.

On both computers I found the History button in the Mac Security panel. On one it shows the Automatic Update 20 times today. Double clicking on any of the lines shows "Update Failed", or "Another session running" or Downloading DAT" or several other messages. And still the New Version notice keeps coming up on both computers.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community