cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
partha_roy
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

Mcafee antivirus does not install ........................................... please help

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

Initially, I tried to run the Mcafee trial setup on Windows 10 but the installation process would never begin. It just seemed to do nothing. I checked the task manager every time I tried running the setup but there was no active Mcafee process there

I thought this could be due to some corrupt system files but the issue is persistent after upgrading to Windows 11 too

I performed a clean install of Windows 11 after formatting the C drive and yet, the  program is not installing. Everything  else is working just fine 

In fact, I could easily install Mcafee WebAdvisor without any issues. I already ran sfc /scannow and chkdsk c:/r on the C drive and they all came clean 

Not sure what the issue is. Looks like the setup file is corrupt. Request you to look into the matter and suggest a solution to the problem

this is the page as you can see below where I downloaded the setup file from....image_2022-03-04_100430.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
partha_roy
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Re: Mcafee antivirus does not install ........................................... please help

Jump to solution

This thread can be closed. I redownloaded the setup file and then it worked. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mcafee antivirus does not install ........................................... please help

Jump to solution

Hi @partha_roy 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly refer the below article to troubleshoot McAfee installation issues.

How to troubleshoot McAfee download or installation issues

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for technical assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

partha_roy
Contributor II
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I did follow the steps in the article but the issue exists. McAfee's pre-install tool suggested that the pc was ready for installation and no issues were identified.

Mine is a clean installation of Windows 11. It looks like the issue is with the version of the setup file. It's called mcafee_trial_setup_433.0207.3919_key

partha_roy
Contributor II
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Request you to please get this issue fixed 

partha_roy
Contributor II
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Any updates on this?

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @partha_roy 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

partha_roy
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

This thread can be closed. I redownloaded the setup file and then it worked. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community