cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry-Hutch
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Virtual Technician

Why won't McAfee Virtual Technician run on my PC. I installed MVT bit when I try to run it nothing happens.  When nothing happened I uninstalled MVT and now in Programs and Features I still see MVT   in the program list,but I can not find MVT in Search This PC.

Why would it still show-up in Programs list if uninstalled and how can I get it installed and running?

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Virtual Technician

Hello Jerry-Hutch,
MVT - Resolve problems for PC automatically with McAfee Virtual Technician.
McAfee Virtual Technician identifies and solves many product issues on your PC. If MVT is unable to resolve the issue, the data collected can be used by your support technician to solve the issue.

As per your Issue : If you have already tried uninstalling the MVT and if it still present in control panel then there could be chances the leftovers are still present.
You can go to C:\Programsfiles\McAfee and delete all the MVT files from there and also check the same in C:\Programsfiles x86\McAfee as well.
Restart the system, hopefully this should resolve the problem.
You can install the mvt back again by using this link : mvt.mvafee.com

Thanks

Vishnu
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community