cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
findit89
Former Member
Message 11 of 71

Re: McAfee Total Protection Corrupts Any Browser?

I understood why you moved the message.  Sorry but I just did not understand that reply.  Looking forward to the update with the correction.

Bilbo_1405
Former Member
Message 12 of 71

been having this issue here for about two weeks on one desktop computer more so than the laptop. I don't think it is that the browser is corrupt but that McAfee is locking up and the firewall is shutting down access.
It has been unusual in that some access (Like Facebook) will work for a time but other site URLs aren't accessible.

Reboot:  the only recourse. Unless I disable the McAfee.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 71

As I stated earlier , this issue is being investigated by our internal Tier 2.5 Technician/Engineer. I would think at some point he will (Update)  his progressDuring the interim you can contact Technical Support as it is free of charge 24/7. Please save your (Service Request Number) in case you need to escalate it beyond a Tier 1.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

All the very best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
findit89
Former Member
Message 14 of 71

For me McAfee affected only browsers.  I could continue to work in other applications on-line that are not browsers.  Very strange.  Really surprised this had not affected many more to cause a loud outcry on the blogs.

frmichelv
Contributor
Message 15 of 71

Hi all,

It seems the trouble affect only browsers. When I had the problem The browsers could only access to the website of my provider.

I Wonder if the problem is linked to the use of Google Chrome or Google.com. I noticed some changes on the display of a query.

Since Ysterday (after I have update McAfee) everything is OK. I'll send a  new post if I still experience problems.

frmichelv
Contributor
Message 16 of 71

It seems to work. I'll post a message if I get any trouble.

I have send an eMail to technical support in France. They asked me to call them but I'm at work that's why I searched on forums. The case # is 00105672.

Best regards

Michel

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 71

Thank you Michel

Regards

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
johnsikora
Contributor
Message 18 of 71

Yes, definitely same problem here. Once a browser hangs, all other browsers won't work either. You have to reboot to fix the problem for awhile. I've just deactivated real time scanning and not had the problem for awhile.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 71

I recommend to (Not) disable your Real time Scanning, as it leaves you vulnerable to infections

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
johnsikora
Contributor
Message 20 of 71

No kidding, really

The problem is that if I leave real scanning on right now, the PC is essentially unuseable since it will hang within 10 to 20 minutes of browser usage. My guess is that many people are having this problem and just assuming that it is something else and don't report it. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and until I tripped over someone who said turning off real time scanning fixed the problem, I was just getting more frustrated.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community