cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
answer7
Former Member
Message 71 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

I think I found where this latest ( DOS box pop up) pathetic Mcafee problem is being disscussed.

I am totaly disgusted with Mcafee at this point

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/41472?start=30&tstart=0

Message was edited by: answer7 on 1/14/12 5:04:00 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 72 of 365

Ah ok What security center version is that with?

I have asked Haydon to add this to our mod call agenda on Monday.

andyb700
Former Member
Message 73 of 365

Fantastic! Another McAfee restart update and another error, this is becoming way way past a joke now. First we have the service host problem, which I understand is still not fixed (apart from the turning netguard off work around) after 2 months! Then we get the re-apearing desktop icon and now this DOS pop up box. I'm really looking forward to future restart updates now to see what other errors/problems McAfee can cause!

Big thanks to user delclemons post number 35 in the thread below for the work around for fixing the annoying DOS prompt box.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/41472?start=30&tstart=0

Peacekeeper
Message 74 of 365

The popup box is in our agenda to discuss tomorrow. What is strange with all of this is except for the icon on the desktop none of these issues are affecting my family's 9 Pcs . There is something common that is causing this.

I have added all issues to our agenda to get an update so will be a long call.

keiooz
Contributor
Message 75 of 365

Yep, you might be right about that.

chappers
Former Member
Message 76 of 365

Is it just me, or are there are lot of meetings/phone calls that seem to be going on, but absolutely no feedback from them.

Come on McAfee....what's going on?

RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 77 of 365

WOW ! Seems like my original thread has taken on a life of it's own. So what is McAfee actually doing about it ?

Peacekeeper
Message 78 of 365

Sorry this thread slipped by me.

There is a cause for this issue that seems to have fixed 12 users in another thread. They all used alcohol 120% burning software so if you do remove it via its own uninstall link in the programs list reboot and see if that helps. Download another burning software for teh time being till Mcafee and alcohol sort this out.Mcafee have been told about the clash. There are, however, around 5 users for whom no issue/cause has been found and Mcafee is chasing logs from some of them.

mgilbert
Contributor
Message 79 of 365

Hi,

I for one don't use alcohol 120% burning software.

I do have MagicDisc (http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm?=mdisc_hlp106) installed but it is 99.99% inactive.

Peacekeeper
Message 80 of 365

Was it ever installed? Alcohol 120% that is?  Would you be willing to work with a tech to get more logs?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community