cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 21 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

At first I thought it was Utorrent which was causing this. Now I think it's McAfee.

newjack
Former Member
Message 22 of 365

I don't use Utorrent if that helps.Also there are numerous threads started on this subject.Just look to the right under in more like this.

Peacekeeper
Message 23 of 365

I feel the general cause is netguard Robertthebruce try disabling that and see if issue disappears

jjenkens
Former Member
Message 24 of 365

McAfee needs to get more bodies on fixing this issue.  It seems to be quite wide-spread.  I have the same issue and I believe it started about the same time-frame as you.  No problems until the last automatic product update.  Which means it was a poorly tested update.  I was a McAfee system admin for years.  Lets get this fixed guys.

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 365

We mods stirred the pot on our call in today but Mcafee needs to test Pcs that this is happening on. they have not reproduced the issue Mine runs stable as do the otehr mod's installs and my family's 8 PCs so it is not common just seems so. I will keep on them but the more who put in a sevice request the fast this will move. It is the old adage the more stirring the faster the pot boils.

If you call in do not accept turning off the netguard as a final fix say you need a proper fix as disabling part of the product lessens your security.

answer7
Former Member
Message 26 of 365

I turned off Netguard. I will gladly report  back in  to let you know if this has ceased the pop ups.

Also, as I had to search around to find it, you could have explained HOW  to shut this off

AND explain if the next and subsequent updates will turn it back on meaning you will or will not have to repeatedly shut this off.

To disable Net Guard:

1) Open McAfee Security Center

2) Click on "Web and Email Protection"

3) Click on "Firewall"

4) Click "Net Guard"

5) Uncheck the box beside "Turn on Net Guard"

Peacekeeper
Message 27 of 365

I did in post 12 in a round about way but I have done so many times in past week so was a tad finger sore sorry.

chappers
Former Member
Message 28 of 365

I really wish this would get sorted. My issue seems to be on a similar timescale to those reported (linked to an update?) and persists.

I'm afraid that I am not prepared to start turning off protection on the offchance that this fixes the issue, especially as it doesn't seem to be fixing it at all.

McAfee need to get this sorted with a fix ASAP, as this is very disruptive - I'm trying to run my business here and these constant interruptions are causing a nightmare!

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 365

I would disable netgaurd teh support techs are recommending it so some posts here say. The fix will not be until Mcafee reproduces this and logs etc are required so if a tech posts here asking for contact with you accept it as this will speed the issue up.

answer7
Former Member
Message 30 of 365

Disabling Netguard seems to have stopped the problem.

Questions:

- What does Netguard do when it is enabled ?

- Do I need this Netguard to protect my PC ?

- What is my PC vulnerable to without Netguard ?

- If I am paying McAfee for a service that has been partially disabled, is this a solution ?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community