cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LilSmeggy
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Internet Security on an Airgap Computer, can't update

I have the super basic version of McAfee, (McAfee Internet Security) installed on a airgap/Standalone computer.

this computer cannot touch any network, and is not connected to any domain.

I got the product off of the DOD Patch Repository, which also has daily DAT file updates for McAfee products. unfortunately non of the DAT file updates work with the specific McAfee.

I have two options to choose from either a self-extracting DAT file or a Zipped DAT File,

the Self extracting DAT file will run and then when it scans for a McAfee product it will pick up that there is no valid McAfee products on the system, this also happens with the daily updated DAT updates off of the McAfee Site.

The Zipped DAT File contains three Separate DAT files, I have looked everywhere in the McAfee file to drop  these in but to no avail could I find a spot.

I don't know what it is with the McAfee Internet Security, but there is very very limited documentation on this product, if anyone knows something I don't, id be more then happy to hear it, thank you so much.

3 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Internet Security on an Airgap Computer, can't update

Hi @LilSmeggy 

Please let us know what happens when McAfee is updating, are you getting any error,. If so, please share the screenshot for the same. Also, let us know in brief about the self extracting DAT that you are trying to scan McAfee and what is the application that is used for the same.

Thanks,

LilSmeggy
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

So unfortunately I cannot update the McAfee Internet Security, that's the end goal.

the reason why I have to manually update the McAfee product is cause it is installed on a standalone computer, it has no access to an outside or internal network, its completely disconnected.

Attached is the error I get when trying to run the DAT file from the McAfee update site, the Self Extracting DAT file it is just the DAT file from McAfee Update Site just checked/certified to be on the DOD Workstation. 

Both DAT Files give me the error posted below.

McAfee Update Error.jpg 

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi @LilSmeggy

Thanks for the screenshots. We have sent a private message due to the nature of the issue. Perform the steps as suggested.

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community