Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZacFrench
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

McAfee Anti Spam folder in outlook

Jump to solution

One of our clients has had this folder pop up in their outlook app and it is sending legit emails to the spam folder for no reason. Strangely they have no McAfee products installed and never have.

We use our own AV software on their machine.

When trying to remove / delete that folder from outlook it goes for 5 seconds and then re-adds itself.

There is no add-ins showing for McAfee

Nothing in control panel

Nothing In the registry for McAfee

I have also downloaded the McAfee removal tool and ran that but it didn't find anything.

Creating a new profile doesn't help as the folder re-appears

How can I permanently remove this folder? I can see a lot of people online with the same issue but no fixes that work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Anti Spam folder in outlook

Jump to solution

Hi @ZacFrench 

Greetings from McAfee. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Remove the Add-in completely from the Outlook application by following the below steps. Once done try to remove the McAfee Anti-Spam folder, 

1. Click on File -> Options -> Add-ins
  2. Select McAfee Antispam and click on ‘Go’
  3. A new dialog box opens with the Add-Ins list. Please check the box for McAfee Antispam Add in(Make sure other Add-Ins are unchecked).
  4. Click on “Remove”.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @ZacFrench 

Greetings from McAfee. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Remove the Add-in completely from the Outlook application by following the below steps. Once done try to remove the McAfee Anti-Spam folder, 

1. Click on File -> Options -> Add-ins
  2. Select McAfee Antispam and click on ‘Go’
  3. A new dialog box opens with the Add-Ins list. Please check the box for McAfee Antispam Add in(Make sure other Add-Ins are unchecked).
  4. Click on “Remove”.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

ZacFrench
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

There is no McAfee outlook add-in and there is no McAfee product on the PC to remove.

There never has been McAfee on the machine

jcasqueiro
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. I don't have any McAfee outlook add-in (or McAfee software installed) but I got a Outlook folder named McAfee Anti-Spam that I am not able to get rid of.

Any hints?

Thanks/Brgds 

Eliza4
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem. McAfee anti-spam folder suddenly appeared on my Outlook Inbox, picking up legitimate emails. I have never installed McAfee anti-virus, there is no 'add-in' or pathway as described in the original solution to remove it.

Grateful for a new solution!

Thanks

Eliza 

jw1739
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

I have the opposite problem! I have had McAfee Livesafe for over two year now, and the McAfee Anti-Spam folder has always been there in Outlook, but no message ever goes into it.

It's not a big deal, but I'd really appreciate a detailed explanation of how to use the folder.

Thank you

jw

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community