Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arru
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Lost McAfee Account Details during Windows 7 Upgrade

Hi,

I have recently brought my DELL Insprion 15 with McAfee 1.5 years free subscription. Last week I have reinstalled Windows 7 OS and in the process I have lost my McAfee Login ID and PWD details ( which was saved in a word doc). I have no clue about those details as one of my frind created them and he himself dosnt remeber them

When I have installed McAfee its asking for Login Id and PWD which I dont have now

Can anyone suggest me how to get my Login details back ?? What is the solution for this ??

Tags (2)
2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lost McAfee Account Details during Windows 7 Upgrade

Have you tried all the options as shown in  the attached picture?

Capture.JPG

If that doesn't work you will have to contact Customer Service (not Technical Support) as they deal will all that sort of thing.  You can use online Chat.  Just go via the McAfee Support link above.  If there isn't a link for your country then choose the nearest one that speaks a language you understand.

Always backup your personal files at regular intervals to avoid  situations such as this.

I moved this to its own thread as the case is different from the one you posted to.

Customer Service is who you need.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/01/10 7:21:30 EST AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lost McAfee Account Details during Windows 7 Upgrade

Another thought....installing an OS upgrade to Vista or Windows 7 often creates a "Windows.old" folder if it was done as an upgrade rather than a clean format and reinstall.  If you can find this folder you will find all your old stuff.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community