cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paris1880
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Local Network Adaptor Problems after Mcafee Update - corrupts internet connection

Hello, I am running Windows Vista with a wired modem and Safari as a browser.

I noticed that last time I installed an update for Mcafee, I would get an error message that says, you are not connected to the internet.  Then it would prompt me to diagnose.

After resettin the local network adaptor, it would work.  This happened every time I started up the computer.  Yesterday, It installed the latest version of Mcafee and it did the same thing,

only this time, resetting did not fix it, nor did trying to find the latest soffware for the adaptor.  The only thing that fixed it was to turn off the computer and unplug the moden.  I am worried that

next time I got to log on, I will have to do the same process.  How can I fix this? 

Thanks!

2 Replies
karthiks
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Local Network Adaptor Problems after Mcafee Update - corrupts internet connection

Hi,

Uninstall McAfee and check you are having the same problem with your Local Area Connection, if do please call your internet provider and check with the problem. If problem is fixed after uninstalling the McAfee, reinstall the McAfee by following the below steps and check with your problem.

paris1880
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Local Network Adaptor Problems after Mcafee Update - corrupts internet connection

Ok, I will try that and see. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community