Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gizzmaxx
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Internet Explorer 9 problems

Hello Group,

Since last weeks McAfee update (updated approximate 11/14/11) my Internet explorer 9 has been running slow with some sites not loading at all. It's even worse on YouTube, videos will only play for about 10 seconds then will go out to lunch and never continue. If I refresh the page the video will play for another 10 seconds then quit.  If I turn off my McAfee firewall in my McAfee Security Center, then my Internet Explorer 9 seems to run as before. I then reset my Firewall to it's default settings but still no joy when it is enabled. Is it just me or are other having these problems? What solutions are available?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

7 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Internet Explorer 9 problems

Hello Rich,

Please open Internet explorer – Click on Tools – Click on Windows Update and install any available updates.

Also, Open McAfee security center – Click on About and let us know ;

McAfee Security center ;

Version :

Build :

Aff id :

McAfee personal firewall :

Version :

Regards,

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 3 of 8

gizzmaxx wrote:

Hello Group,

Since last weeks McAfee update (updated approximate 11/14/11) my Internet explorer 9 has been running slow with some sites not loading at all. It's even worse on YouTube, videos will only play for about 10 seconds then will go out to lunch and never continue. If I refresh the page the video will play for another 10 seconds then quit.  If I turn off my McAfee firewall in my McAfee Security Center, then my Internet Explorer 9 seems to run as before. I then reset my Firewall to it's default settings but still no joy when it is enabled. Is it just me or are other having these problems? What solutions are available?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Hi Rich,

What is your operating system and Version? 32-Bit or 64-bit version? Is this a Desktop or Laptop Computer? Are you connecting Wired or Wirelessly?

gizzmaxx
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Hi Dinesh,

Windows Explorer is up to date. I have automatic updates turned on, but as you mentioned I went ahead and checked for updates again and it reported everything is up to date.

McAfee Info.jpg

Not sure if you can read the info?  For the McAfee Security Center it's Version: 11.0, Build: 11.0.623, Affld: 105-339, Languagae: en-us Last upated: 11/14/2011.

The McAfee Virus Scan is Version 15.0, Build 15.0.294, Last Update: 11/22/2011, DAT Version: 6538 and DAT Creation Date: 11/22/2011.

Please let me know if you need any further information?

Thank you in advance,

Rich

gizzmaxx
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Hi TheCreator,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1. It is a desktop with a wired connection through Verizon DSL. I have tried FireFox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 9 and all react the same. The only browser that is not affected is Opera. My personal preference is Internet Explorer, I've already contacted Verizon and it was their opinion that IE 9 was broken and I should use FireFox. The only problem is FireFox has the same problem as IE 9 and these problems started after last Mondays update?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Message was edited by: gizzmaxx on 11/23/11 2:20:46 PM CST
alex_n
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Hey Gizz,

please, try disabling the NetGuard feature.

To do this, follow these steps:

-On the McAfee main Home window, click on Firewall

-then click on Settings, located at the right of the windos

-Once inside Firewall Settings, click to open the last drawer, that reads  NetGuard

-there, uncheck the checkbox to disable it.

-close the drawer and return to the start screen.

Then, just close the Mfe window and test if your IE navigation improved.

Please return the results.

Good luck!

gizzmaxx
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Hi Alex,

Yes, that seemed to have fixed the problem   Web pages now load as before and videos on YouTube now play uninterrupted. Thank you for the info

Regards,

Rich S.

alex_n
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Allright!

Thank You for the feedback.

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community