cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcafee_user101
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Internet Blocked

Installed individual Antivirus Plus 2013 on five new computers. They activated fine and updated fine. Within one day after rebooting they each refused to connect to internet or email. Page not available and no connection errors came up. Disabled Mcafee firewall and live protection, but still no internet. Removed Mcafee, immeditaely internet and email worked fine again. Installed Norton which worked good - with no problems since. I've found it hard to find a mcafee phone number for Canada and now its impossible to try Mcafee Virtul technician on these computers. Wondering if there was a bad Dat update a week ago.

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet Blocked

No issue that I can see so the net stayed off even after a reboot?

Re support

http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=PHONE

choose canada english.

Do you know what version of security center was installed this is important as a new 1 12.1 is available want to known if you got that 1 or 11.6.

I will ask our contacts.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

FYI Canada uses the same support as the USA so phone support is the same http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSelect.aspx?lc=4105&sg=TS&pt=1&st=PHONE

At least you'll know that for future use.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community