Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dajiang
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

Interface has reverted back to old version without doing update

Hello

I have Mcafee Internet Security (3 pcs version)

Earlier this month I ran an update, after which I had the new interface version.

Recently without doing any update and with auto updates switched off, the interface has somehow reverted back to the old version (green bar)

Cannot understand how this is possible. I have not performed any system restores.

Suggestions appreciated.

Dajiang

I have also noticed that the Mcafee Icon in the system tray is not responding.

7 Replies
RagothKarnan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Interface has reverted back to old version without doing update

Hello @dajiang
I would suggest you update McAfee once and also turn on automatic updates. It should revert to new user interface. Please update us the outcome to proceed further.

Regards
Ragoth Karnan

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 3 of 8

I ran an update as suggested.

At some point during installation a box appeared stating the following

"Your version of SecurityCenter is designed for a different Windows operating system than the one on your PC. To get the correct McAfee software version, please uninstall your McAfee software, restart your PC, and complete a complete McAfee installation."

My installation is showing as McAfee Internet Security version 16.0, Release Name 16.0.R13

Looking at the list of components some of them were actually updated.

It is still using the old interface and the system tray icon is not responding.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Hi

Could you try a clean install of McAfee by following the article and see if it helps

1. Uninstall from control panel list of installed programs and Restart PC TS101331

2. Run the cleanup tool MCPR nd Restart PC

3. Install afresh from Online account TS100342

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 5 of 8

I ran another check for updates, and it says it updated, but it is still the old interface

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8

Hello @dajiang

Please confirm if the McAfee installed on the machine still has the old UI. If yes, we can coordinate and take the it forward.

Regards
Farhan

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 7 of 8

I can confirm that my McAfee still has the old interface.

It is updating and running ok. The only issue is with the system tray icon. Sometimes it is missing, sometimes is appearing. Sometimes when its there it does not respond, sometimes it does.

I tried to  load MVT, it said a new version was available, it attempted to download but failed with an error message.

Dajiang

iAwake
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I have just finished installing Mcafee Internet Security on my new HP 290 G1 and I was shocked; it is the old interface. The issue seems to be affecting the internet security version only for I have Antivirus plus installed on my laptop and with the new interface that's weird and annoying.

1.PNG2.PNG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community