Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vongoh
Former Member
Message 1 of 25

Intel Anti-Theft locked my laptop at BIOS, need assistance

Jump to solution

I have an ASUS laptop with Intel Anti-Theft purchased at Amazon a couple of years ago.  Soon after the purchase I took a flight

somewhere, and before I boarded I activated the service. 

Now due to a series of technical issues related to the upgrade to Win 10,  the BIOS became corrupted and needed to be reset. 

When we pulled the CMOS battery,  the laptop restarted to the Intel Anti-Theft screen with the message stating that the computer

has been disabled due to Platform Attack.

MG_20160506_173203261.jpg

I opened a service issue with McAfee - then called today to follow up.  She informed me that Intel has discontinued the product,

and gave me a number at McAfee Windows Support who were allegedly set up to support it.  They do not.  The tech on the phone read

a prepared script that informed me that they cant help me.  

Searching on this board I see other people with the same or similar issue,  moderators are taking these issues on and helping.  I

have the proof of purchase from Amazon, and my login and password to support.mcafee.com that I used to originally register

this laptop.  Many thanks in advance for any help provided

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 25

Re: Intel Anti-Theft locked my laptop at BIOS, need assistance

Jump to solution

I have sent you a private message. Please contact us back if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 25

Jump to solution

Hopefully our Resident Forum Tier Tech 2.5 picks up this thread, and possibly adds to the discussion.

Can you assist this User Please?

Given the fact he is from another Country/Time Zone, and uncertain of his on/off hours could determine when he could possibly reply.

Regards,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 25

Jump to solution

did you try selecting option 1 and entering the password you used to set up Anti Theft?

vongoh
Former Member
Message 4 of 25

Jump to solution

I did not make it clear - no,  I have the password for the site at support.mcafee.com where they are supposed to have my information registered.   I do not have the password

to get past the Anti-Theft,  I set it up over two years ago and do not have the password anymore.  I forgot all about that feature in my laptop

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 25

Jump to solution

I have sent you a personal message please reply back to proceed further.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 25

Re: Re: Intel Anti-Theft locked my laptop at BIOS, need assistance

Jump to solution

Hi

We have gathered the required information and would be contacting you to proceed further.

Regards

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 25

Jump to solution

Is this now solved?

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 25

Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

The issue is currently pending for update from

Cheers

Sanjay

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 25

Jump to solution

Thanks.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 25

Re: Re: Re: Intel Anti-Theft locked my laptop at BIOS, need assistance

Jump to solution

Hi

This is been going on for a while. We will be closing the Service request from our end. Feel free to reply back to this thread so that we can re-open anytime.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community