cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rployko
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

IE 9

When I launch IE, it freezes for about 3 to 4 minutes then everything is fine. I've been using Windows 7 with out problems. This started when I installed McAfee a month ago.  If I uninstall McAfee, all works fine. Do I have any advice before permanently doing away with McAfee?

- Ray

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: IE 9

Try the following:

Open IE9 and go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset.

OK any prompts and close IE9.

Reopen it and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable any you may need.

Open SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click Internet Connections for Programs

Once it displays, takes a while, click the word Program to rearrange them alphabetically.

Locate IE9 and make sure it has Full permission using the Edit button if necessary.

While you are at it make sure all updates for IE and it's add-ons are applied.

rployko
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Peter from Canada responded. However, I'm using Windows 7 and the instructions given seem to be for another verion of Windows. Can the suggestion be translated to corollate to Windows 7?

Thanks,

Ray

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Those are the instructions for Windows 7 (& Vista, Windows 8 and even XP).

Please right -click 'Computer' and select Properties and tell me if you have Service Pack 1 installed.  You'll find Computer either on your desktop or in your Start Menu.

Open McAfee SecurityCenter and click 'About' and tell me what version you have.   ( Just the SecurityCenter version and look down the list for an Affid will help)

rployko
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1. I'm using McAfee AntiVirus Plus SecurityCenter ver. 11.6.

Ray

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Sounds good.  Did you try resetting IE9 as I suggested?  If it doesn't help try contacting Tehcnical Support directly via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.  It's free by phone or online chat.

stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 7 of 7

It`s known issue. Untick "scripts in IE & FF" in Real-time scanning settings.

Message was edited by: stanisluv on 1/3/13 4:27:06 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community