Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoavsapir
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

How to find the infected files

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

I'm a new user of McAfee, my version is in German but I'll translate it as good as I can.

My question is faily simple: In the last scan, McAfee found one file with a trojan, which McAfee successfully removed. However, I can't seem to bringt McAfee to show me what file it was. I can bringt McAfee as far as showing me a summary of all scans performed since its installation. It doesn't say where the trojan was found and there's nothing to click on in that list.

This is extremely important to me, since I'm sharing many folders with other computers that run other Antivirus software. I need to know if the virus was found in one of these shared folders.

As this is a very basic funktion, I'm probably just missing some button - though I did look everywhere...

Many thanks ahead for your help!

Yoav Sapir, Berlin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to find the infected files

Jump to solution

Hi, I am assuming you have 2010?Click on Mcafee icon and open up.On the top right there is a list.The 2nd one says navigation.Click that.Then look under features in the middle of the program for Quarantined items.You can also look on the left side at history and logs.This will bring up a few things you can look at.Hope that helps.                       Newjack

Message was edited by: newjack on 11/15/10 6:26:08 PM EST

after opening there is an arrow on the left

If you click on that it should open up and tell you what it detected and where it was.

Message was edited by: newjack on 11/15/10 6:27:31 PM EST

View solution in original post

3 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi, I am assuming you have 2010?Click on Mcafee icon and open up.On the top right there is a list.The 2nd one says navigation.Click that.Then look under features in the middle of the program for Quarantined items.You can also look on the left side at history and logs.This will bring up a few things you can look at.Hope that helps.                       Newjack

Message was edited by: newjack on 11/15/10 6:26:08 PM EST

after opening there is an arrow on the left

If you click on that it should open up and tell you what it detected and where it was.

Message was edited by: newjack on 11/15/10 6:27:31 PM EST
yoavsapir
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Good glad i could help you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community