cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohninLA
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

How do I mark a file as "safe?"

I am trying to install a program I downloaded from CNET. They guaranteed the file as safe from trojans and spyware. I go to install it, and McAfee keeps deleting the program saying a "trojan" was found. I went to the quarantine folder, and tried to restore it, but it keeps deleting it. How to I tell McAfee this file is safe? No where can I find a setting that says "trust this program." I am using Total Protection 2010. This is pretty frustrating.

Thanks.

6 Replies
JohninLA
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I mark a file as "safe?"

In case it matters, the file is ShellExView 1.47. This is the Trojan McAfee "found" 'Artemis!CB4F97FFE9EF'

When I click on it, I'm taking to McAfee's site, and they show no information on this trojan.

DoZe
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Ther's no way to mark a file as safe, most likly the detection you encounter is via the Artemis technology - you can post the full name of the detection here (example Artemis!BB00000000) and someone will take a look at it , if the file is safe , it will be whitelisted in short time.

Edit: You allready did that while i was posting

Message was edited by: DoZe on 8/24/10 6:18:52 PM CDT
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Could you please let us know the program/file name that you are trying to download from CNET

JohninLA
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Yes, I posted it above, it's ShellExView 1.4.7.

XMason386
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

I've got this Artemis detection as well using VSE 8.7 P3 on the same file, using DAT 6084, scan engine 5400, Artemis set to medium.

Aldrin, is the Avert Labs Virus research mailbox (sample submissions) open to all customer types or only enterprise customers?

The developers page for this file is here

kksony
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

i have the same problem happened, file with Artemis!276301CBDE54 found, and this cannot be found in virus list, pls check, thanks..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community