cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gzilla
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Help!

I keep getting a blue screen shuting down my PC.  I tried to chat on line with McAfee tech support, but that locks up my PC.  What

can I do about the blue screen?

5 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but could you please clarify the following:

1.    What is your operating system?

2.    Since when you are getting this blue screen on the computer?

3.    Are you getting this blue screen only when you shutdown the computer (or) When you access any application?

4.    What is the version of McAfee programs you have installed in your computer and how was that installed is it through website (or) disk?

5.    Do you have any other security software installed in your computer now (or) earlier?

gzilla
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I have Windows XP svc pack 3.  I get the screen at different times, but I think it happens after a McAfee updates.  I have version 10.5 updated 11-17-10, but the DAT is 6174 and was updated 11-21-10 and I receive the blue screen this afternoon.  I download renewal from the web site.  I have had McAfee

since setting up the PC.  Back in July I added a program called FileCure, but it was not what I was lead to believe it to be.  I removed it, I hope.  I also

think I have been getting this blue screen before FileCure.  The blue screen error code is 0x0000001A.

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Click on Start> Run> Type MSConfig> Click Services Tab> Make a check mark in Hide all Microsoft Services and then click on disable all (excluse McAfee services)> perform the same in the Startup Tab as well> Click on Ok, ignore any access denied message and close it.

Reboot the computer and check the status.

gzilla
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

I did this, but not sure what you mean when you say "check your status".  Why would I need to change my start up from normal?

Before I did this I received another blue screen with error Stop: 0x0000001A (0x00041284, 0x087E001, 0x00000000, 0xC0883000).

It must have something to do with updates, because my Virus Scan was update today and the Anti Spam was updated today also.

Please help me understand what is going on.

thank

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

We understand the McAfee programs got updated recently. However, there may be various reasons to encounter a blue screen in the computer – such as:

·         Recent Windows Update

·         Any hardware/software installation (or) driver updates

·         Malware infection

·         Hard disk problem

·         Multiple security programs related services running in a computer

I have asked you to disable other services in MSConfig just to make sure whether it’s happening due to McAfee or anything else is causing this issue. Moreover, click on the Useful Links on top of this page, run the McAfee Removal Tool (MCPR) reboot the computer and check whether the Blue Screen occurs or not…

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community