cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKyv
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Help Please! Full scan freezing at 99% - Tech support doesn't seem to be able to do much?

Hi community 

I have an issue with Full Scans freezing at 99%. Quick scans work without issue. 

I have spent close to three hours with online support - who have remoted into my laptop and done a bunch of things - but hasn't resolved the issue 

Have uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee (user and administrator level) 

Cleared all cache

Run all updates 

Repeated the above 

Tech support has downloaded and obtained key log files 

Cleared space on hard drive 

I am still having the issue

All the posts in the community forum seem to be from at least six years ago 

Is anyone able to help / provide any thoughts on how I can get a full scan to complete?

9 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 10

Re: Help Please! Full scan freezing at 99% - Tech support doesn't seem to be able to do much?

Hi @JKyv 

Greetings from McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee is already aware of this issue and working on a patch fix for this issue. We will keep the thread updated.

Alternatively, you can reach McAfee consumer support for more information.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

JKyv
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Re: Help Please! Full scan freezing at 99% - Tech support doesn't seem to be able to do much?

Hello 

Is there any updates on this?

ElaineQ
Contributor II
Message 4 of 10

I have the same issue. LiveSafe scan stops at 78%. Isn't consuming a lot of resources either. Just stops. This is my third attempt in the last few weeks. Windows 10. Started after the major update a few weeks ago.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 10

@GaneshR  any movement on this issue

JKyv
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Just by way of update on my end - there has been very little interaction or updates from McAfee. 

So in my case, that issue remains - still freezing at 99%. Also not using a lot of resources - just seems to sit there. 

All I have been able to get from online support is that it is a global issue and they are working on it.

Every time I have logged in to check up on the issue, I get a new case number, so really hard to track it. At the moment I believe they have only one open and pending case for it - but very hard to track (that's more on my end from tracking I think though). So it may not even be in their system anymore. 

Certainly no proactive updates from McAfee to me at all - other than to say they are closing the open cases. Which I have now stopped responding to - as I've spent probably five - six hours with them / waiting for them / updating them / re-explaining the situation. 

In my instance, despite numerous attempts to contact McAfee, multiple reinstalls, tech logging into my computer and downloading a heap of log files, admin set up, admin install, there have been no changes or improvements. 

I've actually just bought another laptop to avoid any possible virus breaches, as I use it for work. 

So, not a fantastic outcome for me - but I felt it was the only way I could feel comfortable - by basically having a second laptop, that I dont connect to the internet. 

Not really great for a supposedly premium product. But whatever - don't have the time to sit and wait for McAfee to resovle. 

gmj
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

has anyone ever found a fox for this as we are having the same issue..have been stuck on 99% for over half hour and never completes. It does turn the vpn off and i had to disable the vpn kill switch to keep internet connection in case that was the issue. 

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 10

Several users have reported this. Some get lock up at 1% others at 99%. Mine locks at 99%. McAfee says they are looking ing it but minimal updates so far. To help them it would be a good idea to post your version of McAfee and the viruscan version.

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 10

@GaneshR  any movement on the current issue of locked scans.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 10

I was getting a lock up at 99%.

Biggish update today to VS 11.2258.0 and McAfee TP 1.12.335.

Full scan completed in 2 hrs 774000 files. This after I did the sfc /scannow and other things suggested in post below. Unsure what fixed it

https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/Full-Scan-does-not-complete/m-p/726525#M18475

Mcafee aware of issue and fix should be coming soon if today's update and the thoughts of Venkat_YM does not help

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community