cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitelyrain
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Help! My site advisor is showing the wrong person as the subscription provider!

On my laptop, I first got mcafee though my mother's subscription. However, I now have my own subscription (as we have more than three computers in our house) and I keep trying to change my computer's subscriptoin to mine. I thought that if I went to my account to redownload mcafee that it would uninstall my mother's items and replace it with my e-mail as the subscrition holder, and in a way that sort of did happen. However, it is still my mother's e-mail that is showing as the holder of the subcription even though the site advisor says that my subcription is active it also says that it should have expired in July. Frankly, I am just confused about the entire matter and have no idea what to do to fix/change this. I have a snip shot of how my site advisor looks displaying the information (with my mother's e-mail blocked out) to help peopole get a better idea of what I am speaking of because even to me this sounds confusing, but I don't know how to better explain it. So please someone, help me.

1 Reply
Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help! My site advisor is showing the wrong person as the subscription provider!

Hi ,

Log in to your account and trying doing a custom installation for site advisor alone. Let me know if it still shows a differnt subscription owner.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community