Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bungabunga
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Desktop Icon Keeps Popping Up After Deletion on Build 11.0.678

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm running the AT&T Security Suite:  Build 11.0.678 DAT 6818 last update 08/28/12.  I uninstalled the previous version because I was having the problems associated with last week's faulty update.  The problems have all disappeared, but now the McAfee icon keeps reappearing on my desktop after I delete it.  I noticed in past forums that this was a problem back in December 2011, and the McAfee document TS101314 was published to fix a registry error.  But that publication was for Build 11.0.654.  Is there a fix for this reappearing icon error?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: bungabunga on 8/28/12 6:21:15 PM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: Desktop Icon Keeps Popping Up After Deletion on Build 11.0.678

Jump to solution

Did you try the fix in that FAQ?   It's just possible the registry in the A.T. & T. version is the same as those 3rd parties often alter the coding slightly and could be using old ones.

If it doesn't help run the Virtual Technician to see if it fixes something, but warning, sometimes with 3rd-party provided software it wont detect the product, but no harm to try at least.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If it doesn't work contact Technical Support by phone or online chat, it's free and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Did you try the fix in that FAQ?   It's just possible the registry in the A.T. & T. version is the same as those 3rd parties often alter the coding slightly and could be using old ones.

If it doesn't help run the Virtual Technician to see if it fixes something, but warning, sometimes with 3rd-party provided software it wont detect the product, but no harm to try at least.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If it doesn't work contact Technical Support by phone or online chat, it's free and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

bungabunga
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.

No, I did not try the fix TS101314 because it said it was for a former build and not the current one that I have.  I'm suspect of a registry change when it's not for the build it specifies.

I also am unable to use the Virtual Tecnician.  I always download the latest edition, but it never will install.  It's always been that way with the AT&T Security Suite.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please us the fix given in the FAQ suggested by Ex_Brit, and check you are able to fix the issue. I hope it helps! Thanks,

bungabunga
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Peter and Karthik.

The registry key fix from Document TS101314 has fixed the problem.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Great! Have a great day ahead

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Good, I thought it would work and it did.  All the best. 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community