Did you mean: 
moffo
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Cover Question

Hello,

Im a techno neanderthal

So have pity

Im about about to buy Mc Afee's 1 year, 3 computer protection. Each of my families 3 computers have differing expiry dates. My new laptop will require immediate cover.

Q:  Will I have to cover these 3 simultaneously, or can I wait until the other 2 expire ?

Many thanks

Moffo

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cover Question

The license goes from the date of purchase, so the new software will expire simultaneously on all 3.

In other words, it doesn't matter when you install it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/03/13 7:13:50 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Sorry, post amended. not sure if you were already looking at it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

I'm sorry I think I made a mistake in my first answer - duly amended.   If in real doubt the final answer would come from Customer Service, a free phone call or online chat, and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Moffo,

You have 3 licenses to install, so you can install the McAfee in one of the machine which needs immediate coverage

If requires you can install the McAfee in all the 3 machines at the same time , or you can wait and install the McAfee in the other 2 PC’s

All the 3 licenses will expire at the same time because it is a package 

To get a clear information you may also call customer service as per peter’s suggestion

Message was edited by: karthiks on 3/20/13 1:43:20 AM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community