Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russmartin01
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Cant uninstall McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi,

I got a free version of McAfee with my windows 8 laptop, when trying to unistall through the following link:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

I'm asked for  a username and password that I dont have as I'm not registered and this is a trial version. Please help me remove McAfee completely from my laptop.

Thanks

Russ

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

Re: Cant uninstall McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi Russ,

Check this discussion and follow the steps to see if it fixes the issue. Proceed with steps in reply 16 , 17 and post back the Outcome..!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi russmartin01,

Please check to see if you have McAfee Family Protection installed on your PC. Open Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program > Check if McAfee Family Protection is installed > right click and choose Uninstall. Once you have removed this application you will be able to run the MCPR tool..!

russmartin01
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've already done that but its still aksing me for a username and password when I run the link and I dont have those details.

I tried my computers username and password. That didn't work and its now asking me for a username, password and uninstall code.

This is a new Sony laptop, its a trial version of McAfee so I've not registered the product.

Thanks

Russ

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have sent you a Private Message Please respond to proceed further..!

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Russ,

Check this discussion and follow the steps to see if it fixes the issue. Proceed with steps in reply 16 , 17 and post back the Outcome..!

russmartin01
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! That worked!

You were a lot more help than Sony! I won't be buying a Sony product again in a hurry, jokers!

Thank you

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Glad that it worked for you...!

Regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community