Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelJ
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Cannot install Total Protection

Hi,

I currently have Windows 7 32-bit installed and have just purchased Total Protection.

I have been asked to download the installation which I have done so but when I run the installation, it brings up a blank, grey McAfee window with only the option to press the X at the top right to close it.

The window is still responding and never becomes "Not Responding" but nothing further happens..

Attached below is an image to show the window in the middle of the screen which does not do anything further.

Thanks, Michael

McAfee.jpg

6 Replies
MichaelJ
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot install Total Protection

I've tried all the conventional methods (PreInstall, MCPR.exe etc) with no luck...

Anybody know how I can fix this? My laptop running XP is busy installing now with no problems experience but my W7 desktop keeps giving this problem.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hello Micheal.
Please provide us with some information on the above ;

Was your windows 7 – An upgrade from vista or a fresh copy
Check if you have windows uptodate in the computer ?
Let  us know what is the browser you are using to install McAfee ? Internet explorer/Firefox and their versions ?

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Hi Michael,

As per the screenshot that you have provided looks like you are using Mozilla Firefox as the default browser, could you please make Internet Explorer as the default one also in addition to that please try the following:

Click on Start> Type CMD> Right click on it select "Run as Administrator", on the black box type regsvr32 jscript.dll> hit Enter, Click on OK. Again type regsvr32 vbscript.dll> hit Enter, Click on OK.

Close the command prompt and re-try the installation

MichaelJ
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Sorted the problem out shortly after posting the last message. Changed all the advanced settings IE to what they were on my laptop

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

That's so great Michael

bobllfixit
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

i had this problem but i reset internet explorer settings then i worked.

you do this by internet options -> advanced -> ie settings -> reset

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community