cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasondonnellya
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Cannot access Refund services from the UK

I've tried using the online refund service on the support section of the main website but it just brings me to my subscriptions. I also cannot find a customer service email.

I had an auto renewal that is double the price of what I initially paid 2 years ago and want to refund it then stop using McAfee. How can I get in contact with support?

Thanks.

7 Replies
evangelia
Contributor II
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cannot access Refund services from the UK

I have the same problem.

I was sent a private message by the support community on the refund process.

I do not know if i can trust it.

Please let me know what happened in your case.

jasondonnellya
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Day 1 - no word back.

With the level of quality that has been given to McAfee's website architecture and structure I can only assume that obscuring the refund functionality of their site is done on purpose to stop users from getting in contact.

Very toxic practice from a big company.

evangelia
Contributor II
Message 4 of 8

HI!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

HERE IS MY EXPERIENCE: I WENT TO THE OPTION TECHNICAL SUPPORT WHICH HAS LIVE CHAT WITH THEIR REPRESENTATIVES.

I TALKED WITH SIX DIFFERENT REPRESENTATIVES IN ORDER TO CONVINCE THEM THAT I COULD NOT DIAL THE NUMBER PROPOSED ON THEIR SITE( I AM FROM GREECE) AND THEY SHOULD SUGGEST SOMETHING ELSE.

FINALLY, A REPRESENTATIVE FROM THEIR SALES DEPARTMENT CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THAT I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK WITHIN 5-6 WORKING DAYS.

I AM WAITING…. I DO NOT TRUST THEM AT ALL! I SPENT THREE DAYS ON TRYING TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE. COMPLETE MADNESS!

Hiltiman-07
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Μια από τα ίδια. Χτυπιέμαι εδώ και μέρες να τους βρω. Ελπίζω μέσα από το forum να γίνει κάτι.
Venkat_YM
Message 6 of 8

Hi @jasondonnellya 

Greetings from McAfee.

We're sorry to inform you that we don't have an option to initiate refund through the community, so we recommend that you contact our consumer support on 08000287581 or connect using the below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards,
Venkat

Venkat_YM
Message 7 of 8

Γεια @jasondonnellya,

Χαιρετισμούς από το McAfee.

Λυπούμαστε που σας ενημερώνουμε ότι δεν έχουμε επιλογή να ξεκινήσουμε την επιστροφή χρημάτων μέσω της κοινότητας, επομένως σας συνιστούμε να επικοινωνήσετε με την υποστήριξη καταναλωτών στο 80044148867 ή να συνδεθείτε χρησιμοποιώντας τον παρακάτω σύνδεσμο.

Υποστήριξη Καταναλωτών McAfee

Χαιρετισμοί,
Venkat

evangelia
Contributor II
Message 8 of 8

My Dear Venkat Moderator, if we could dial the number you mentioned ,we could also dial the number proposed on the site.I am afraid you have not understand what the problem really is.

WE CANNOT DIAL THIS NUMBER BECAUSE IT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY OUR  PHONE COMPANIES WHICH ARE IN EUROPE.

PRACTICALLY ,  suggesting a phone number that cannot be dialed is not customer service , but a nasty joke to the nonAmericans  who made the mistake and bought Mcfee products.

Besides,it would be much easier  for the customers to  send e- mails. Not including an e- mail addreess -when it comes to refunding-is a huge mistake which has disappointed many customers.

Another moderator sent me a private message  and told me that the community could help me with the refund process.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community