cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samson2581
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Can McAfee download and install Windows Updates through Microsoft Edge?

When I first Upgraded to Windows 10, McAfee had me make my Internet Explorer my default, because there were issues with Microsoft Edge and my McAfee product at that time, being February of this year.  My default is now Microsoft Edge and I want to make sure McAfee is now working with Edge.  Last month I did not get Windows Updates installed for some reason.  Yesterday, Microsoft downloaded and installed Updates, which took over 2 hours.  Apparently, the month before, being July I received updates but for Windows 7, not Windows 10.  Those all had to be removed.  Everything is up to date.  Somehow my default got changed from Internet Explorer to Edge in July.  Possibly why there was an issue with getting updates through McAfee, if McAfee does not work yet with Edge.  So my question is, does McAfee now work with Microsoft Edge and can I receive my Windows updates from McAfee through Microsoft Edge or do I need to again make my Internet Explorer my default, and if so how do I change my default browser on Windows 10?

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can McAfee download and install Windows Updates through Microsoft Edge?

Not specifically, regardless of your default browser it uses IE11 anyway.

Why not use Windows Update to obtain them?

The software isn't yet compatible with Edge as Microsoft have blocked it.

However Technical Support are the best people to ask, and its' free of charge:

Technical Support & Customer Service

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community