Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 5

Buffer Overflow Exploits

Jump to solution

I don't know if this the right group for this.

I was searching the internet yesterday and suddenly got the following error message Buffer Overflow Exploits the browser froze and I had to go to the task manager and close the browser. What is it and is serious. I have tried to search the internet and only get confused.

Thank you

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Re: Buffer Overflow Exploits

Jump to solution

There's an McAfee update in the process of being distributed to deal with at least one buffer leak but it may be a while before it reaches everyone, or so we were told.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

It's hard to say exaclty what it is but it could be either that your browser(s) and add-ons associated with it/them need updating, take a special look at Java and Adobe flash/Shockwave players but make sure everyhthing is updated, or hoping not, infection.

If the latter a quick sweep with Stinger and Malwarebytes Free should help.  They are both linked in the last link in my signature and with Malwarebytes make sure you do NOT accept the trial, or else you'll get the PRO version.

halton
Contributor III
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I have checked and made sure that my version was up to date and updated my shockwave player. I will  monitor it  for a few days.

Jerry

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

There's an McAfee update in the process of being distributed to deal with at least one buffer leak but it may be a while before it reaches everyone, or so we were told.

halton
Contributor III
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I haven't had any recent episodes however when I went into my Security to to check the most recent results of my latest scheduled scan I found that the buffer over flow exploits were removed or quarantined. Since I didn't find them in my quarantine folder they were remoced.

I am going to try and mark this answer correct.

Jerry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community