cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akhenbagi
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Brave search engine

As I use Brave and/ or firefox as my main search engines just wondering if McAfee checks them for any possible viruses or other "bad" things. Can't find any reference to Brave anywhere on McAfee...Then again, I probably missed it https://9apps.ooo/...Thank you...

2 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 3

Re: Brave search engine

Hi @akhenbagi,

Greetings from McAfee.

McAfee prevents the system from threats when you use the browser and any search engine whether it is google or brave search engine.

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

twhitfield27
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Brave search engine

I agree that McAfee doesn't behave in Brave Browser as it does in Google, although you say it "should'".

For instance, a download on Google will display a pop-up that says "checking download....".  Downloading on Brave does not do this at all.

Please let me know if there are additional options to turn on or something of that nature so that Brave receives full protection.

twhitfield27

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community