cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LESchwartz
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Blue Spinner of Death

Yesterday I downloaded and installed McAfee on my Windows 10 PC.  When I runt the Quick Scan, the progress advances a few percentage points and then stops advancing.  Likewise the number of items scans stops advancing as well.

In addition, I still get a bunch of Windows Notifications telling me my license has expired.  I also also get warnings telling me I'm infected maincaptcha.com virus.

Sometime the Windows security center turns red and tells me McAfee has been "snoozed".

This is all very strange, I wonder if I don't have some sort of issue specifically messing with disabling McAfee.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

6 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Blue Spinner of Death

Hi @LESchwartz,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. We would suggest you to uninstall, reinstall McAfee and try running scan to check if the scan stops or not. Please follow the below article to remove McAfee from the computer.

Remove McAfee from Windows computer

If you still face the issue after uninstall and reinstall. Please provide us with screenshots so that we can check and assist you.

Regards,

Allwyn I

LESchwartz
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Tried removing and reinstalling a couple times already.

Larry

LESchwartz
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Just removed using the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR) and then reinstalled.  Still the same problem.

Larry

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 7

Hi @LESchwartz,

Thanks for the prompt response. Please provide us with the screenshots, if possible. Also I have sent you a personal message. Kindly check and respond to it.

Regards,

Allwyn I

LESchwartz
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I was finally able to remove McAfee using the removal tool.  I have installed a competitive product which does not exhibit the issues I saw with McAfee.  Thank you for your assistance.

Larry

samylonly
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

This happened to me as well, was really hard working on my laptop and sites with this issue. 

I also love the thread title " Blue spinner of death" lol, like the PS yellow light thing 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community