cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithfishbiscui
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Blocking software from firewall: Are there any search option to make finding the program easier

I am trying to block a particular software, but found the firewall interface cumbersome, are there any way to perform a search on software/program in order to perform desired action??

thank you

6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: Blocking software from firewall: Are there any search option to make finding the program easier

What particular software are you attempting to block? Is it listed in your (Internet Connections for Programs) ? Is it a particular Site?

For instance I choose to use my *Parental Controls* to block Twitter/Aol persistent tracking cookies/etc

Also you should be capable of expanding the Program in the Firewall and edit it and select 'Block'.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
keithfishbiscui
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Re: Blocking software from firewall: Are there any search option to make finding the program easier

Its just that I have used other internet security from other brand before, and they all have search option to locate the program they are trying to block or unblock from the firewall, just wondering if Mcafee has the same functionality.......

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Perhaps you may try opening your McAfee UI/Navigation/McAfee Resources (Bottom left)

It has a Virus Information Library/Hackerwatch

Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

For example; Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Also could this be what you want go to the Firewall as Cd mentioned originally and Internet connections for programs. Click on programs to sort in alphabetical order and find the program that way.

keithfishbiscui
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Its just that there are so many programs to look in between. Mcafee really should have a built in search system for finding program in order to block or unblock. Anyway,thank you for your help.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

To block initially you just add the program by browsing\searching for the exe file. Other than what I and Cd described Mcafee has no other way sorry. You could add this as a product idea here.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community