Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 39

Re: Back to old Interface

Jump to solution

I would contact Technical Support for this problem.  It's free by phone or online chat.

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 32 of 39

Jump to solution

I reset IE's settings and added the sites that were giving me trouble as "Trusted sites."  That did fix one site, but not the other . However, I removed the "s" from the http in the address field for that site, and that fixed the issue and the page filled out normally. 

As far as the page not filling out at all, I think it worked itself out.  But it looks like these issues are IE/Microsoft issues and not McAfee.

But I ran an A/V scan - the normal one, not quick - and even though a few thousand files were checked after more than half an hour, it was still at 1%.  I know it takes a long time but it should be up to 15 or 20% by then.    So I canceled it and tried the Quick scan.  Within a second I got a red "issue" warning.   I tried to scan again but at the top of the window it said NaN and couldn't run any scan, or even see what it picked up (I doubted that it did because the first partial scan didn't find anything).   I ran the MVT and it came out fine, nothing wrong.

So I called tech support and they had me reboot, and that knocked it back into place.  Red warning was gone.  They said on the regular scan it might stay at 1% the whole time so I'll have to try it again (I did a quick scan while I was on the phone with them and it came up clean.)

Since I still have the old interface from last week,  I asked why it went from new to old to see what he'd say, and he said that once you get the new interface it should stay.  I said this is the third time I went from old to new since December.  He didn't have an answer but said if it happens again to call again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 33 of 39

Jump to solution

How strange.....the URL and the GUI issues....oh well, all's weell that ends well, so they say.

Good luck.

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 34 of 39

Jump to solution

I'm back to the new interface, must have happened within the last week or so.   Total Protection version 16.0.1, Security Center 16.1, Build 16.1.160, Affld 0

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 39

Jump to solution

Hi Steve

Glad to hear that. So can we consider this thread Answered?

Thanks

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 36 of 39

Jump to solution

I guess until I'm switched back to the old interface.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 37 of 39

Jump to solution

Thanks Steve

It should remain , As mine is the same Version/Build with the only difference being that my suite is LiveSafe.

Please let us know it you are reverted back again.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 38 of 39

Jump to solution

steve7 wrote:

I guess until I'm switched back to the old interface.

LOL.  Mine dithered back and forth a few times too, so you aren't alone.

Octopus
Contributor III
Message 39 of 39

Jump to solution

Dont mean to revive this old thread but I got the new interface on Monday. Its now back to the old one (on Friday)!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community