cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiczjr
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Auto-Delete Feature

I think the most annoying thing about McAfee is that it auto-deletes my tools from my flash drive (the false positive detection is pretty high).  Most of the virus removals that I do here at the shop have McAfee virus "protection."

For example, someone brings me their infected computer.  They are running McAfee and are plagued by your usual trojan fake-alert virus.  I'll plug in my flash drive to run a few utilities that I like to use to begin the cleaning process, and all of a sudden my tools are gone because McAfee saved me from my evil tools!  Why not delete the virus while you're at it, geniuses?

I just thought I'd share that.  Any thoughts?

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Auto-Delete Feature

If something is deleted by mistake that means VirusScan considers it a risk.   It can be reinstated from the Quarantined items section of SecurityCenter once VirusScan has been temporarily disabled and then you can report the false finding to McAfee.

Ideas on that here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Better to be safe than sorry.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community