Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estrichleger
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Asus Notebook and McAfee uninstallation makes Notebook slow

Hi,

I recently bought a new Asus Notebook which came with McAfee preinstalled.

As I do not need MCAfee I uninstalled it via the tool (mcrp was it) and restarted the system.

After that the diskdrive hangs always at 99% in the taskmanager activity which wasn't the case when MCAfee was installed.

Is this a known problem and how can I get rid of this problem without using MCAfee?

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: Asus Notebook and McAfee uninstallation makes Notebook slow

Not a normal problem as far as I know, especially with the use of the cleanup tool.   It all depends on what was originally installed but at a wild guess I would say you need to set your Network and Sharing Center correctly and then your browsers will follow.

You could ask Technical Support, it's free of charge by phone.  Explain that you just uninstalled and now have problems.

Contact Support

estrichleger
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Problem is that in my country  I can only download a support tool. There is no phone number in germany for the support.

So it would be great if someone knows about this problem and can help.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Yes there is, I just accessed it.

The Support link for Deutschland (listed after Hong Kong not sure why) works fine for me.

Contact Support

Phone

Estimated Wait Time: 5-10 minutes

Hours of Operation:09:00-18:00,von Mo bis Fr

Please call: 069-6640 4330

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Maybe you clicked the wrong choice for support. you need Technical Support - that's the number above.

If you call it directly before going through the steps at the website just explain to them you had difficulty and a Moderator at McAfee/Intel Community told you to call that number.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Btw, please post back when this is solved, thank you.

estrichleger
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

So I tried the chat Option and talked a bit with the supporter and he says that such a problem is not known and that it is the notebook which causes the trouble.

So I called Asus and they said that the problem is not known and I should contact MCAfee. So here we have the circle of death for me .

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Open the actual discussion thread here to see all the posts and try the phone number I posted previously.  Give them the session ID number from  your Chat session and ask for escalation.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community