truffle
Contributor III
Message 211 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

Hi,

A couple questions:

Does this issue effect WIN7 machines?

I am still at 14.0 R11.  If WIN7 is effected, will I get an update to 14.0 R12 which has this issue, then have to wait for the "fix"?  Or?

Peacekeeper
Message 212 of 358

Jump to solution

Every1 will get the update in due course. With partners such as ISPs and PC manufactures controlling when upgrades/patches are delivered there is usually several versions of the program around at any time.

2 Win 7 users and 3 win 8.1 users rest win 10.

olegr
Former Member
Message 213 of 358

Jump to solution

My Chrome did hang again. At the moment of hang ClientAnalyticsService consumed just 2.4 MBytes of RAM.

Obviously ClientAnalyticsService was enabled. McAfee engine version: 2879.0 (2/3/2017). Update time of the newest file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics folder: 01/26/2017. Probably this is the date I last time reinstall McAfee.

olegr
Former Member
Message 214 of 358

Jump to solution

> something that causes this big a memory leak

Probably the memory leak is not the major reason of the misbehavior. It is just a side effect of another issue.

> would have seen a code rollback

I believe the event of interest was the MS Windows update, which triggered the issue on some computers. So it doesn't make sense to perform McAfee code rollback.

user_116058
Former Member
Message 215 of 358

Jump to solution

Hello. Today February the 4th, I am starting having the same problem. I have two computes, with the same McAfee version: Total Protection 14.0 R12 dated on January 31st 2017 as per this details:

Security Center compilation 15.3.3061 January 31st 2017

Antivirus and Antispyware 19.0.3060 compilation February 3th 2017

Firewall compilation 4.0.4.164 January 31st 2017

WebADvisor compilation 4.0.4.164

Anti-Spam compilation 16.0.3035 January 31st 2017 and last content update on February 4th 2017

Parental controls compilation 17.0.3038 January 31st 2017

File Lock compilation 6.0.3031 January 31st 2017

QuickClean and Shredder compilation 15.0.3033 January 31st 2017

Vulnerability scanner compilation 5.0.3053 January 31st 2017

In one of the computers I have the same issue with AnalyticsSDK process. But I cannot kill the process. And disabling the ClientAnalyticsService and rebooting does not works either. ClientAnalyticsService component installed is:

McClientAnalytics_Version.png

I have no Internet connection at all, any explorer and the system itself. I can not run mvt. Anything related to McAfee software goes far too slow, the rest of the software works fine, despite that process is making a high use of CPU. There is no way to open the console, unistall....

I need help to move on, considering that I do not have Internet connection in that computer, as there is on way I can work. I can send a dmp file of the process I have just created.

Thanks

teapot
Contributor
Message 216 of 358

Jump to solution

see my post #197 to someone else having this problem which I've seen on 2 different machines.   McAfee has not acknowledged what's going on with this and if it's a side affect of this problem or yet another.  But apparently it's hitting more and more users as well.

Just like you, my pc was locked out of everything on the internet side of the firewall (could get to local machines) and it didn't appear that anything getting to mcafee screens would work.  They actually did, only you had to sometimes wait sometimes more than 10 minutes to get any response or for the dialogues to come up.   If you can get to the configure firewall screen and disable it, that might get you in a state online.  I found when I did get that, when I rebooted, I ended up blocked again.

My only solution was to uninstall mcafee, and reinstall a newly downloaded version.   The uninstall itself will take a LONG time and you'll again think it's hung.   After it uninstalls or as much as it will, use the cleanup tool (I referenced another post about it).

Good luck.  I wish the moderators would find out more about this problem as well....  If there was a solution not involving uninstall, would be nice to know....

truffle
Contributor III
Message 217 of 358

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper,

Thus from what you said:

Some time in the future I will get 14.0 R12.  Then at some time after that I will get the fix.  Thus there will be a time when I have 14.0 R12 without the "fix".  Is this true?

If so, why doesn't Mcafee halt all future 14.0 R12 updates and replace them with ones that have the "fix" included?

nuhairi
Contributor
Message 218 of 358

Jump to solution

Still happening after update. Most of the time no memory leak, but mem leak still happening after a while. AnalyticsSDK consumed 1.1GB memory and still hanged my Chrome.

Analyticssdk.png

My McAfee Setup:

McAfee LiveSafe 14.0 R12

Security Center 15.3.3061

Anti Virus and Anti Spyware 19.0.3060, Engine 2879 -- updated on 3 Feb 2017 (GMT+8)

Personal Firewall 16.0.3026

Web Advisor 4.0.4.209

Anti Spam 16.0.3035

Parental Controls 17.0.3038

QuickClean and Shredder 15.0.3033

Vulnerability Scanner 5.0.3035

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

PLEASE FIX THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

shawn_p
Former Member
Message 219 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info teapot - I'll look at your earlier referenced posts.  Looks like an uninstall is in the works -just not sure there will be a reinstall.

i have been having the exact same issue you described for the last four days, numerous times a day regardless of the number of Chrome dabs open or usage.

one thing I have noticed is if I have Steam open before the lockup, Steam continues to function.

good luck everyone...

shawn_p
Former Member
Message 220 of 358

Jump to solution

Probably bad form replying to my own post, but...

Uninstall, cleanup, and fresh reinstall took less then 50 minutes; rebooted before starting and after each step...

Total protection 14.0 R12

Security Center 15.3.3061

Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware build 19.0.3060, Engine 2880.0

Personal Firewall 16.0.3026

WebAdvisor 4.30.4.209

Quick Clean & Shredder 15.0.3033

Vulnerability Scanner 5.0.3053

Windows 10, version 1607, os build 14393.693, 64 bit

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community