Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 191 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

The Client Analytics function has nothing to do with the Anti-Virus engine.

imagika
Former Member
Message 192 of 358

Jump to solution

Ok that's good to know then.  Guess i'll just have to wait till i get updated then.. i noticed in earlier post it rolls out to people at diff times hope i end up getting it soon.

bellevue631
Former Member
Message 193 of 358

Jump to solution

Just updated today, everything working fine, Went to "services" to re-enable but not ever there anymore to re-enable, which is fine with me, half the time doesn't show in task manager or when showing using very little memory.  When it was occurring just found it strange it didn't affect other internet connections such as Windows app programs.  But I'm leaving well enough alone-[Murphy's Law].  Hope everyone gets their update soon, was annoying to say the least. Thanks for Catdaddy for your answers and assistance.

csmicfool
Former Member
Message 194 of 358

Jump to solution

MC update has been running in background for about 6 hours now.  I'm unable to stop it or load the UI to make changes, etc.

This happens on every update cycle.

Task Manager shows roughly 100 instances of QcShm.exe running, can't kill any of them.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 195 of 358

Jump to solution

​,

I have contacted someone and informed them of your problems.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 196 of 358

Jump to solution

May I ask what type of Internet Connection do you have? Also My suggestion is to kill the process, either through Task Manager/Services or by a down-and-dirty force reboot. Then retry the updates, etc.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
adiv
Former Member
Message 197 of 358

Jump to solution

I disabled the Analytics SDK several days ago, as described in this thread. Then today all of a sudden it has reappeared in the task manager process list and is consuming a huge amount of CPU cycles. Hard rebooting has done nothing (process starts back up). Via admin tools, it shows the McAfee ClientAnalyticsService stuck on "stopping".  And when I try to launch the McAfee UI, nothing happens.  Lots of McAfee processes running in the task manager, but no way to access anything.  Browsers all fail to connect to internet.

Anyone have any advice on how to remove McAfee when stuck like this??

teapot
Contributor
Message 198 of 358

Jump to solution

adiv,

Sounds like you got the same problem I did on 2 different machines.     Asked the same question and didn't get any  resolution.   Only solution I have for you is to uninstall and reinstall the mcafee software.  Probably will take a LONG time for uninstall screen to come up but eventually will.    Get some coffee and wait it out.    And might take a long time to uninstall.   I had to kill it on one machine after running overnight and still not completing.    It should uninstall enough that you can download the cleanup tool or download it from another machine and copy it over however you might be able to.   (you'll find a link in this tread on message 98).   Run that after it gets as far as it can with the actual uninstall and then reinstall.    On one machine I uninstalled webadvisor first and that worked, then the other stuff worked.   Tried in the other order on the first machine and it never completed.   But hard to know what you might encounter.    The cleanup tool might leave one service hanging around but when you reinstall, it seems like reuses the settings that it had.

My guess is that they have pushed a new installer to your machine and it tries to start and shut down the Analytics thing and can't because of the bug and gets stuck waiting forever..

erom43
Former Member
Message 199 of 358

Jump to solution

I am still having a problem on my laptop, W10.  I have McAfee total protection, and version is apparently up to date as of today.  Twice, I had Chrome freeze up on me and become unresponsive (hardly ever happened before early January).  I have been monitoring the task manager for the past two weeks now.  Strange thing is that when it went unresponsive, CPU was below 6%, and Memory was below 45%.  Analytics SDK was way down the list below 8% memory usage and 0% CPU.

I had disabled ClientAnalyticsService last Monday, and it now shows Manual, assuming from the update fix.   I have not uninstalled anything yet.  Any ideas?

olegr
Former Member
Message 200 of 358

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I was wrong. The problem appears again with exactly the same symptoms. While my Chrome hangs, ClientAnalyticsService is the largest process by memory consumption.

Disabled ClientAnalyticsService again. Hope McAfee will do something.

BTW Somebody may ask: "What did you do to make your browser hang?" This time I have straight and honest answer: I tried to switch to McAfee blog page. Ha-ha.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community