Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lotty
Contributor
Message 181 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I have installed the update from the app UI and rebooted .. noting not required to reboot.

Service was re-enabled after reboot. I have watched this for 2 hours ... The AnalyticsSDK / ClientAnalyticsService no longer appears in the 10 top of memory users ..

Problem appears resolved.

Thanks

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 182 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you and everyone that was involved for your input...All throughout this thread. I am glad that all is resolved.  It goes to show that McAfee and the Senior Level Engineer,s do indeed listen to our users and do their very best to resolve such an issue, in a timely manner.

Kudo,s as well to the Devs whom vociferously labored to ensure there was a a fix.

It simply is a testament that McAfee truly cares about their Customer,s.

All the very Best to everyone,

Sincerely,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_146575
Former Member
Message 183 of 358

Jump to solution

so, i can now reinstall Mcafee intenet secuity and it will automatically downloa the update to keep the memory from getting hogged?  Or, do i sill have to do something in the configuraiton when i reinstall it.  please advise. 

olegr
Former Member
Message 184 of 358

Jump to solution

At the moment I am using my PC for almost 12 hours with ClientAnalyticsService enabled. No visible problems so far. I checked ClientAnalytics several times, it took about 60 MBytes maximum. It looks like the problem is solved. Congratulations to everybody affected!

What I did? As soon I have discovered fresh McAfee update (files update time was 1:08 PM PST on my PC), I changed ClientAnalyticsService startup type to "manual" and reboot computer. That's it, no McAfee reinstall. I also checked if some new updates arrived lately. No, it did not.

If you are not sure if your system is updated, open "About" dialog in your McAfee UI. In my case the section of interest looks like the following:

McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
Version: 19.0
Build: 19.0.3060
Last Update: 2/1/2017
Engine version: 2877.0
Engine creation date: 2/1/2017

If you see the same content, everything is fine, just reboot your PC. And enable your ClientAnalyticsService if you made it disabled before.

Thanks to everybody for the nice time spent in your community and for good advice.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 185 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update.   Good look everyone 😉

user_146575
Former Member
Message 186 of 358

Jump to solution

i had another issue.  I cannot access Google Chrome from any email client - -thunderbird, outlook, EM Client (which im using now).  every time i hit a link, it does not open the browser.  So, i need a 2nd browser to use so i can at least accdes the web without copying and pasting the hot link in my email and pasting into the URL dialog box in Chrome.

is this something McAfee can help me with?   Ive been into the contgrol panel and have checked all the permissions for making chrome the default browser, so you know.  numerous times!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 187 of 358

Jump to solution

Can you not access it from Internet Explorer? Even though it may not be your default Browser, you can still use it. Make sure you are current and up to date with all of your Windows Updates, to include Add-ons.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 188 of 358

Jump to solution

It's not a McAfee issue.  I would ask for help on the forum best suited to you and your operating system as this sounds like a problem with default settings and default protocols.

The following are invaluable at helping, choose the one for your OS:

http://www.eightforums.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/

Windows 10 Forums

imagika
Former Member
Message 189 of 358

Jump to solution

Well i have the update that he metioned just a few replies up but im still getting the analytics rising in memory.  Guess i will have to wait longer?  I live near Pittsburg, Pa and i purchased my mcafee from mcafee website.  I tried re-enabling it this morning but it's still rising.  I have the version metioned above.  Just probally a waiting thing , right?

Also one more question.. Does the anti-virus engine still work ok when this thing is disabled.  I saw it's in a legacy folder so im thinking it's something old???

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 190 of 358

Jump to solution

I'll defer that to ​ or ​  for an answer.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community