Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beb
Former Member
Message 171 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I am grateful to know that the fix is coming. I did disable the Client Analytics Service. But I am not sure how to turn it back on after we get the fix, assuming that one will need to do that?

Picture of my services.msc :

disabledClientAnalyticsServices.JPG

Thanks.

imagika
Former Member
Message 172 of 358

Jump to solution

Is there a way i can tell when the fix with this update is installed with the regular update ... Like i mean will the client file date be updated or something so i can figure out when exactley to turn it back on?

beb
Former Member
Message 173 of 358

Jump to solution

I see how to do it now. I need to be signed in as an administrator and then the options I need appear.

teapot
Contributor
Message 174 of 358

Jump to solution

thanks for mentioning my issue at the meeting with some patch making machines unusable.   I reinstalled on both machines and now see the behavior you mentioned with the sub proceses.  Was definitely not like that (sub process) on the version prior to the patch that caused me grief.    When I redownloaded, noticed the old download from earlier this year still in my download folder so know the combination of what I installed that eventually got the problem with "some" patch since it now happened on both my win10 machines.    It sure seems like this update is somehow tied to this whole analytics problem given that even if I disable that service and reboot, it comes back in a running state on reboot.   How much else that causes things to go bad is hard for me to completely say but it did twice.

nuhairi
Contributor
Message 175 of 358

Jump to solution

How do we know that our McAfee installation is updated to the GOOD version? Do you what the version number should be?

user36
Former Member
Message 176 of 358

Jump to solution

I followed this procedure last night, it worked. Thanks

user36
Former Member
Message 177 of 358

Jump to solution

Yes, contact via email if you need logs.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 178 of 358

Jump to solution

nuhairi wrote:

How do we know that our McAfee installation is updated to the GOOD version? Do you what the version number should be?

It will be released in due course but version has nothing to do with this, it's a fix to all.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 179 of 358

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit is indeed correct pertaining to the (Fix) and how and when you receive it.

Please see the comments from the Senior Level Engineer from Support, whose personal efforts actually contributed to the resolution of this issue;

Doug Said;

Fix update:

Over the weekend we were able to confirm that the hotfix works to resolve this issue.

We have now built the fix into the suite updates, which will *start* releasing globally late on Wednesday (Feb 1st).

==> Note that you may not get the fix immediately - depending on where you live, the language of your system, and from whom you bought your McAfee suite.  Until then, you may wish to leave the ClientAnalyticsService disabled

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
olegr
Former Member
Message 180 of 358

Jump to solution

Just discovered fresh McAfee update:

McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware

Version: 19.0

Build: 19.0.3060

Last Update: 2/1/2017

Engine version: 2877.0

Engine creation date: 2/1/2017

No changes in ClientAnalytics, but may be it should not be.

Enabled the service, will see what happens.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community